I have a canon eos 30 D- which lens is best to use for it?

toniap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a canon EOS 30 D which lens is best to use for it in the price range of 200 to 300 dollars?
thanks for any replies. Also is there a place on the forum where I can find out if my photos are any good or not. thanx

It really depends on what you want to shoot. A great walk around lens is the 18-135mm or 18-200mm. The nifty fifty (50mm f/1.8) is probably the best bang for the buck. Maybe a 55-250mm or 75-300mm if you want long distance and cheap. If you want low light the nifty fifty is good, although it's prime so you can't zoom in or out. Maybe a decent used Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8?

I have a canon EOS 30 D

I am not a canon guy. 35mm 1.8g and 50mm 1.8G are cheap and sharp.

Those are both Nikon lenses. How does that help a Canon shooter? Do you expect him to buy an adapter and shoot with them?

OP, I'd suggest the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4. It's roughly $350, but you can probably find it used. Very versatile and works well in low light. Also an outstanding portraiture lens.

What do you want to shoot? Each lens excels at different things, and given that there are dozens of lenses (just Canon branded...even more third party, of course) it's hard to tell you exactly what the best lens is. If you're just looking for a good all around lens, the 50mm f/1.4 that Tyler recommends really can't be beat, especially for the price. But if you told me you wanted to do landscapes, for instance, I wouldn't recommend that lens.

If you have something specific in mind, let us know, if you're just looking for something good all around, a fast 50mm is a really good choice.

Most reactions

Back