What's new

I have a sexy car

The word, "rice," as used in this context, usually carries a racially offensive meaning. I hope you weren't implying any such thing since I, and many others I'm sure, would be quite offended.

Rice burner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's completely wrong. Used in that context it has absolutely nothing to do with a person's race, and everything to do with the car.

Context (language use) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've seen plenty of white kids driving rice burners, rice has no race.

However, I completely disagree that this car falls into the category of rice, since I see no park bench on the back, fart cannon, zip ties, neon lights, "speed holes", stickers, or unpainted body kit pieces.

Agreed. We've always called rice burners as anything with 4 cylinders.
Then we'd generally drop a line like: "Only milk and juice come in 2 litres". :mrgreen:

But some of these old school ricers were great cars! Holden commodore buffs (Pontiac for those on the other hemisphere) used to drop the Celica 5 speeds in their cars cause they were tuff!
I'm into 8 cylinders but love some of these "hot fours"!
Including Schwetty's!

:thumbsup:

ALL Supras were straight/inline 6.
 
That's completely wrong. Used in that context it has absolutely nothing to do with a person's race, and everything to do with the car.

Context (language use) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've seen plenty of white kids driving rice burners, rice has no race.

However, I completely disagree that this car falls into the category of rice, since I see no park bench on the back, fart cannon, zip ties, neon lights, "speed holes", stickers, or unpainted body kit pieces.

Agreed. We've always called rice burners as anything with 4 cylinders.
Then we'd generally drop a line like: "Only milk and juice come in 2 litres". :mrgreen:

But some of these old school ricers were great cars! Holden commodore buffs (Pontiac for those on the other hemisphere) used to drop the Celica 5 speeds in their cars cause they were tuff!
I'm into 8 cylinders but love some of these "hot fours"!
Including Schwetty's!

:thumbsup:

ALL Supras were straight/inline 6.

Your right, but I got sidetracked thinking of the
Celica liftback Schwetty's is the mark II Supra.
and is still nice!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom