I heard a buzz....

Winona

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I heard a buzz as I was after some bird photos. Might give up on birds. They were all blurry but this guy turned out pretty good. This was my Canon 80D with Tamron 100-400. Settings-ISO 6400 (probably in auto). f/11. 1/2500. Using manual-I feel pretty good about that. It seemed bright out so not sure why the ISO went so high. Feel free to critique. I did no post-processing. Barely found time for a few photos and the computer! This looks clearer on my computer....

IMG_1384.jpg

Just keep shooting and they will get better..........

Nice pic but be careful what you choose, if you slip into macro photography you may only be replacing one frustration and expense for another. Question, may sound like a dumb question but are you and Photo Lady the same person?

K9kirk-no, PhotoLady is a different person. Lol. I have a Shetland sheepdog and she has a collie. We actually don’t live too far from each other.

And I can see how one can end up with many different cameras and too many directions! My main goal is landscapes and animals. Still 2 separate things with different equipment.

Thanks for everyone’s comments.

Might give up on birds

Winona, don't give up on birds - merely "add" macro to your portfolio. Sure, every category of photography (wildlife, landscape, macro, astro, etc.) requires a special talent to master but you can still enjoy the capturing of all types of images and the appreciation in self-accomplishment when sharing them. I started out in macro but once I bought my first telephoto lens I got "hooked" on wildlife & nature of all kinds. This forces one into broadening their techniques and skill level but that is part of the fun.

This is a great shot.. and yes do not give up on the birds.. you will get better.. trust me.. with practice..

Thanks for the comments and encouragement.

This is a great shot.. and yes do not give up on the birds.. you will get better.. trust me.. with practice..

I see the differences in the dogs, now that I've looked a little harder. One things for sure, they're both real cute!

I heard a buzz as I was after some bird photos. Might give up on birds. They were all blurry but this guy turned out pretty good. This was my Canon 80D with Tamron 100-400. Settings-ISO 6400 (probably in auto). f/11. 1/2500. Using manual-I feel pretty good about that. It seemed bright out so not sure why the ISO went so high. Feel free to critique. I did no post-processing. Barely found time for a few photos and the computer! This looks clearer on my computer....

View attachment 173211
Hi great shot, you said you took that shot with the tamron 100-400mm, I am actually considering the lens as an upgrade from my Canon 75-300mm. Do you like it, does it take good pictures ect...
Oh and please don't give up on the birds, practise, practise, and practise some more. You will get better.

Thanks.

Oh dear..
Sounds like your coming down with a severe case of GAS.

Sorry, but its all over.

Just dedicate a percentage of your monthly income to it.

RAWphotographer-I do like the Tamron 100-400. I have nothing to compare it to as far as other long lenses. I have a hard time holding it steady and just bought a tripod attachment for it. It does best in good light. As far as items in good light that are still- it is good. I am still practicing with moving objects, but did get some decent hummingbird pictures with it. I’ll try to post some examples with a Tamron lens update section elsewhere. It’ll be a day or three.

RAWphotographer-I do like the Tamron 100-400. I have nothing to compare it to as far as other long lenses. I have a hard time holding it steady and just bought a tripod attachment for it. It does best in good light. As far as items in good light that are still- it is good. I am still practicing with moving objects, but did get some decent hummingbird pictures with it. I’ll try to post some examples with a Tamron lens update section elsewhere. It’ll be a day or three.

Thankyou I would love a lens like that as wildlife is my favorite subject to shoot. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back