I hope I saved an owl today..

It's heartbreaking really, don't know what else to say. I really thought he would make it after your last post, and even showed the pics around to my friends. It's very sad, god knows how you must be feeling having dealt with this first hand.

Aw Kris :( (hugs)

I am really upset. I was so hopeful he could be saved. If i get out of work and its still light, i might try to go find his parents.. I know that sounds stupid...

Not even remotely stupid, I love the thought of paying your respects like that, the critters in your area are very lucky to have you around IMHO.

a little bit of trying, out come good or bad, is a10, more should try

Sorry to hear that Kris, you gave him the best chance, he had no chance at all if just left there. And now, thanks to you, there is a large group of people who know something they never knew and that one day may save another owl.

Kris, not stupid at all. I'm so sad he didn't make it and can only imagine how upset you are. :hugs:

Never feel stupid for caring about the welfare of a living creature.

I'm sad for the owl and for you and for the people who tried to save him. It's nowhere near as good as knowing he made it, but perhaps it's small comfort knowing that he died more comfortably that he would have without you.

Yup, no stopping the tears now :(

^ This. You did what you could; it was a lot more than many others would have done.

That totally is not fair. The little guy looked good in the photos too. You tried your best, sometimes that's all we(and them) can hope for.

Sorry to hear, Kris. Thanks again for doing what you could. Kudos.

Never feel stupid for caring about the welfare of a living creature.

I'm sad for the owl and for you and for the people who tried to save him. It's nowhere near as good as knowing he made it, but perhaps it's small comfort knowing that he died more comfortably that he would have without you.

Yup, no stopping the tears now :(

+1 couldn't have said it better.

Most reactions

Back