I hope I saved an owl today..

That's awesome kris! I honestly don't think I would have noticed that. I hope the lil' guy makes it. Either way you did all you could have done.

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I'm really encouraging everyone to know who can help in their neck of the woods in this situation. I will post updates as I know more. Unfortunately I'm working 24 hours in the next 48 :(

:thumbup: WTG, Kris. :thumbup:

Awesome news, he made it through his first night in rehab! He ate 7 mice and they think they have the bleeding stopped!

Great eyes to spot that! It's great to have friends who are in a capacity to help in these situations!! I hope this little guy is going to be ok!

nice! good job on observing that, I don't even know who I would call out here if I found something like that.

hope they can help the little guy out.

Faith in humanity has been restored! Hopefully the little guy pulls through.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well done. You have my thanks and admiration. Don't forget to show the rescue shot to the people who saved the owl. They might be able to use it in a fundraiser.

I am seriously trying not to cry in front of my class right now (they are taking an essay exam and I can watch their computers from the teacher's console.)

First, I was upset about the owl. Those last two pictures you posted...those eyes...almost undid me. Then I got emotional over the kindness and caring you and the people from the rehab center showed the owl. :hugs: THEN I got all choked up because the owl made it through the night. Yay! He ate 7 mice! (Aww, poor mice, but yay, baby owl!)

I hope you continue giving us good news about the little guy.

great story really...

I am seriously trying not to cry in front of my class right now (they are taking an essay exam and I can watch their computers from the teacher's console.)
First, I was upset about the owl. Those last two pictures you posted...those eyes...almost undid me. Then I got emotional over the kindness and caring you and the people from the rehab center showed the owl.

A few months ago I saw a dead awl. That was the first time I saw an awl that close to me.
It was the most beautiful creature I've ever seen! Those EYES! Oh my! I cried all that night and I couldn't make the picture of those eyes out of my mind!

fingers crossed for the guy!

.... and, kind of off topic but.... I like Todd :blushing:

Excellent news Kris. huge smiles form here and its looking good then. Wonderful to know !! Phew. Thanks for the update :)

Danny.

What a beautiful bird. Thanks for your efforts to save him - I hope he's back in the woods soon!

Animal-lovers everywhere thank you!!

We have a woman in the neighborhood known as the bird lady. All injured animals, especially birds, are taken to her home. I had occasion to take a dove to her a few years back......... found it in my back yard with a bb hole in its wing.

I just got the worst message possible. Apparently the little owl had lost too much blood. There was nothing else they could do and the poor little fellow didn't make it... :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back