I just ate rare chicken, am I going to die?

From Cool Runnings:

"Hey Sanka, ya dead, mon?"

I'm thinking you might be dead and just don't know it, send me your ssn and $5000 and I'll verify for you. That way you can sleep better tonight, you're welcome :icon_thumright:

Everyone, I'm alive!! No symptoms of food poisoning though I did wake up 3 or 4 times last night during rem sleep and had some weird dreams and had to call into work due to not having enough sleep to function in the morning, more likely due to stress than anything else.

All in all, I'm alive and well with no vomiting or ebola :D That makes me a winner right?

it was already obvious when you posted an hour later. Food Poisoning comes on fast, and strong. You NEVER want.

Seeing blood is not unusual, but if you did chew down uncooked chicken or pork, that's bad. Raw meat has a different chew-ness than cooked meat, almost like chewing gum. It usually comes with a stench as well.

I've had a few episodes of bad experiences. Now I tend to be careful and any hint of weird taste or gut feeling, I spit it out.

Allow 72 hours mate. It's one of the things with food poisoning which makes it so hard to identify where it actually originated from. People tend to associate it with the last meal they've eaten or something the day before but in reality the incubation period can be longer.

Don't worry, if there's still a bit of blood left in a vein it's still going to be there if you overcook it. If it's pink and mushy in the middle maybe you should be concerned.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back