I just spent 20 minutes...

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...trying to figure out how to adjust brush opacity is PS.

This is going to take longer than I thought.

jowensphoto said:
...trying to figure out how to adjust brush opacity is PS.

This is going to take longer than I thought.

You got PS and ditched the ol gimp?

That's one of the important things to learn early, but I usually forget to mention it when recommending what to learn first. I guess I probably spent some time figuring it out on the fly like you did and then forgot I had to learn it. So, the good news is that now that you know, you can do a lot of things like painting on layer masks or cloning with total control over how it turns out. Congratulations on turning an important corner in PS.

You should be able to just type in the opacity you want, irrc. So if you choose the brush tool, just type in 40 for 40%, 05 for 5%, 100 for 100% etc.

I used to use Photoshop entirely in full screen mode without any palettes open. In fact, when people ask me how to do something in photoshop, I usually can only remember the keyboard shortcut.

I Spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to change my point and shoot from manual focus back to auto the other day. I was digging through every menu imaginable.

Then I just happened to notice the physical button on the side of the lens that does it.

THis is made worse by the fact that the physical manual/auto switch was one of the features I liked best about the camera when I bought it, and I had already used it before.

THis is made worse by the fact that the physical manual/auto switch was one of the features I liked best about the camera when I bought it, and I had already used it before.

Join the club. That kind of thing happens to me all the time.

You should be able to just type in the opacity you want, irrc. So if you choose the brush tool, just type in 40 for 40%, 05 for 5%, 100 for 100% etc.

I used to use Photoshop entirely in full screen mode without any palettes open. In fact, when people ask me how to do something in photoshop, I usually can only remember the keyboard shortcut.

Any good links to all the shortcuts besides youtube? A PDF list?

Tyler- Yes, but I'll always be a GIMPer at heart. I've already realized how much more powerful PS is. I'm pretty enchanted by this!

Unpopular- I couldn't even find the field to change it. I'm using CS5.5 design standard, all the tutorials I was checking out were for different versions.

Here's the little exercise I did. Tut called it a Christmas card (looks like trippy snow I suppose) but I think it could be used for any occasion. I can't seem to make my words appear though. $rainbox drops card.jpg

I'm using CS5.5 btw. Is the free upgrade for that still available?

Tyler- Yes, but I'll always be a GIMPer at heart. I've already realized how much more powerful PS is. I'm pretty enchanted by this!

Unpopular- I couldn't even find the field to change it. I'm using CS5.5 design standard, all the tutorials I was checking out were for different versions.

Here's the little exercise I did. Tut called it a Christmas card (looks like trippy snow I suppose) but I think it could be used for any occasion. I can't seem to make my words appear though. View attachment 13666

Cool.. like a psychedelic matrix! Neo on Acid! lol!

While it is good to know where the entry field is located, you don't need it. You can literally just type in the opacity you want without first entering the field.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back