I just spent 20 minutes...

There was one awhile back, my cousin upgraded hers. I'll have to check on it.

...trying to figure out how to adjust brush opacity is PS.

This is going to take longer than I thought.

I've been using it for years, and there are still simple, basic things I should really know that I don't. Haven't taken learning it very seriously until this year though. It is an incredible tool and you can easily get sucked into a black hole of time while using it!

I Spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to change my point and shoot from manual focus back to auto the other day. I was digging through every menu imaginable.

Then I just happened to notice the physical button on the side of the lens that does it.

THis is made worse by the fact that the physical manual/auto switch was one of the features I liked best about the camera when I bought it, and I had already used it before.

I did something WAY worse than that, just yesterday. I've been using my 100mm macro almost exclusively for about a month now. But this past week, I'd taken it off and was using the Tamron 28-300 (that pixmedic donated!) to try to get the hang of focusing with it.

Yesterday, I put the 100mm back on. And tried about 6 times to get the thing to auto-focus, until I was just certain there was something wrong with it. That's when I remembered that it had NEVER auto-focused on my D5100--evidently in the 36 hours or so since I'd stopped using it, I suddenly decided there was an internal motor in it. :lol:

Jesse - once you get used to your way around PS, start forcing yourself to use keyboard shortcuts. If you cannot remember one, look it up and use it. After about three days the first thing you'll do in PS is "F,F,F,Tab,Control-0".

Definitely!

I was training someone to fill in for me once and I only used key strokes to manipulate the database.

Poor kid couldn't figure out what I was doing.

FWIW - At the bottom of the Edit tab, you can also click on Keyboard Shortcuts and in the dialog box then see the keyboard shortcuts organized in 9 categories -

KeyboardShortcuts.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back