i just want subjects!

Wow, where did this guy, Majik Imaje come from? What a breath of fresh air.

Majik, you and MarkC are on opposite ends of the spectrum. He's afraid of being sued all the time, you know that you are doing nothing wrong, so you're not worried.

Also, Majik, with all those stories I have just read, I think you should post a small version of that $36,000 image of the crane. 300x200 would be fine...

Afraid of being sued all the time? Give me a break. What the heck's happened with the board lately? So many people are getting snotty. Why do you have to be insulting?

Where are your references? You call me afraid, and yet you don't back up your contention with anything we can actually talk about.

And just to clarify, I'm not saying that people can't take images. You can take pictures of just about anything you want. Snap away. It's when you try to use a person's likeness to make money that it becomes an issue. Why do people have so much trouble with that distinction?

Majik, as far as I know, education purposes are for teaching, not making money, so I don't see how putting the word "education" on your gallery applies to this.

Zedin, there may be an exception for fine art type sales that I'm not aware of. That does seem to be different from taking an picture of someone and then trying to sell it to them though. That's about a service and commodity, not art.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back