I know nobody here cares but...

in NJ, we have cold rain in the winter and humidity during the summer.......

you're insane. i would have fled.

how was it? scary? terrifying? pathetic?

you're insane. i would have fled.

how was it? scary? terrifying? pathetic?

It was kind of scary, but interesting none the less. I mean, I was just a kid, but I remember it quite well. I lived about 100 miles from the landfall area, but it was still pretty bad.

We had another one roll through when I was in highschool, that actually hit us. That one was scary. I went out driving afterwards and you couldn't tell where the roads and the canals were. One lady drove right into a canal because it looked just like the road. Me and my friend had to pull her out, it was pretty bad.

It was kind of scary, but interesting none the less. I mean, I was just a kid, but I remember it quite well. I lived about 100 miles from the landfall area, but it was still pretty bad.

We had another one roll through when I was in highschool, that actually hit us. That one was scary. I went out driving afterwards and you couldn't tell where the roads and the canals were. One lady drove right into a canal because it looked just like the road. Me and my friend had to pull her out, it was pretty bad.

did you take pictures of it?

It's already storm season!!! Keep your eyes open for some tornados cause I'll be bringing them to you to see... With my camera of course...

Have you ever been in a tent with your family when a tornado came through? It was a really unforgettable experience.!

skieur

Not with my family... actually not in a tent ... mmmh... actually never been close to a tornado. Does a hurricane count?

Ever use someone elses ID for something other than buying booze?

Have you ever been in a tent with your family when a tornado came through? It was a really unforgettable experience.!

skieur

No but I have almost died from weather related events twice, but they were not tornados...

boblybill, tell us what happened!

First time was when I was driving north of town when I got caught up into, what I believe now, was a macroburst (I didn't know anything about storms at the time so wasn't really paying attention to the atributes of it). I was getting my car blown off the road and into the ditch as the rain was almost completely horizonal (this is what actually got me interested in storms actually). Second time I was chasing a storm near my house the day before I was to move down here in TX. WHAT AN AWESOME STORM IT WAS!!! I don't think it was tornado warned ever but there was some fantastic inflow ascosiated(sp?) with this storm... I didn't know it while I was chasing that day but the storm was heading almost directly south. I tend to chase on the south side of storms and that day I was east of it to start off... I was trying to get to the sorthwest of it because I thought that the storm, like all the other storms in the area, was going east. Well I finally get where I wanted to be, but found the storm was forming a wall cloud right in front of me and heading straight torwards me. So I get into my car and head west thinking that I would get behind this storm... All I did was get right into the path of it. At one point the wind around me was moving in all directions at once blowing my car every which way. I was getting a little unerved by that time and realized the direction the storm was actually heading... South. I head south, FAST. I'm driving at least 80mph south thinking that I would outrun the storm, but it was literally on my tail the whole time. The storm movement was the fastest that I have ever encountered yet. I finally gave up cause I couldn't go around it and didn't have the gas or the time (since I was supposed to be packing to leave the next morning). Once the storm caught up to me, I was hit by golfball-baseball sized hail that beat my car up pretty badly. I heard later that the gas station that I had gone to after the storm had a roof blown off.

what was the date of the second event?
and where were you?

or can you link me from the NCDC?

OK... so I was in Morgan County... and all this time I thought that Brush was in Logan... lol...

Most reactions

Back