What's new

I need help picking out a Tripod for my d7000!

nntruong

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
Location
Denver
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi I've been doing some night photography and I found it difficult to do long exposure shots w/o a tripod. I've been using railings and other surface to help me take some of the shots but it is very limited to what angle or framing of the shot. I want something small, compact and something where I wouldn't have to worry about my camera falling over. I have a lowpro slingshot backpack (aw102) so it's not very big to carry any big tripod. My budget is about 100$ right now. Any recommendations?
 
I think that's a bit big and heavy for me. I wanted something small compact that does the job. I know some of the carbon fiber ones probably fit what i need but they're a bit over my budget right now.
 
Gotcha.. and don't blame you. There is always a tradeoff.. stability vs. weight!
 
There's three qualities to all tripods:

Lightweight.
Sturdy.
Low price.




You get to pick two.
 
Get a bigger budget. A good used tripod & head will run ~$150; new $250+. If that sounds expensive, ask yourself how much your camera & lens cost. Then decide if you think you want to trust that much equipment to a cheap piece of plastic.
 
ya i have a tripod which will suite ur needs if u need i can get it for u fo 99$ con:9600003195
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom