i need infos about photo editing!

Mime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi,
here's the thing: i write books for children (not publicated yet, but i hope so...) For the illustrations, i want to build the characters from scratch, then photography them. But these pics will need editing, so i wonder: to make a professional looking photo, what could i use? i know a bit about photoshop, but is there another software that would do a good job (a free one, for example!) ?
and whatever software i use, i only have a laptop, and not the best one, so what do you guys advice?
as you see, i know hardly nothing, if someone would have the patience to explain a few things i would really appreciate!
thanks a lot!

Forget about quality illustration work on the cheap. It doesn't work that way. In terms of software, you require at least PaintShop Pro X3, Corel Paint Essentials, and Nik Software Plug-ins. More expensive would be Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator, and perhaps a 3D design program. Some new HDR software just out, may also prove essential as well.

skieur

If English is your first language I'd suggest a different career path. H

My first thought too... but then I saw you are in Montreal so I would just hope you have a good translator lined up for the English version.

That said, illustrations usually means Illustrator by Adobe. I don't get at all why you would need to photograph your illustrations, not to mention that PhotoShop is not a camera. And, usually, you will import photos into a graphic design /illustration software rather than the opposite if the opposite is even feasible.

Maybe you need to tell us more about what it is you have in mind.

I agree that in terms of software, you require at least PaintShop Pro X3, Corel Paint and Essentials.

if your talking about doing digital artwork you will need a wacom tablet + either corel painter or photoshop. Illustrator is another good program - the wacom. If your drawing on paper then you need a good(epson) scanner.

Most reactions

Back