I need some help sitting up some stuff on my camera.

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello i need help since i am a newbie. This saturday i am going to the auto show in kc. And i want to take some nice pics but dont want to get the flash in the cars and stuff if i dont have to. I still have yet to get some really nice indoor pics with out the pics being over pixelated. i think thats what its called, The pic is just kinda blury.

Well the camera i have isnt anything fancy smancy but its a pretty good camera, ITs the fuji film fine pix s700. Basically i just need to know what to put the iso to and all that stuff to get the best pic possable.

Thanks
Danny.

experiment with iso settings, someone wouldnt know unless they were there. get a tripod.

how dark is the indoor show going to be?

A few settings that I used at my last car show that may help:

2219835058_a67fd370d5.jpg

Exposure:0.017 sec (1/60)Aperture:f/4Focal Length:23 mmISO Speed:100

2219838336_56b893d814.jpg

Exposure:0.022 sec (1/45)Aperture:f/3.5Focal Length:18 mmISO Speed:100

2219046921_12020217f7.jpg

Exposure:0.125 sec (1/8)Aperture:f/2.8Focal Length:18 mm

2219047097_2464a1a3f8.jpg

Exposure:0.05 sec (1/20)Aperture:f/2.8Focal Length:22 mmISO Speed:200Exposure Bias:2/3 EV

No flash was used, no tripod was used, but I had one available to me if I had wanted. Now, these settings may or may not work for you. It all depends on what kind of lighting is used at your location.

I have an S700. But I'm fairly new and don't have any experience indoors except for in the house shooting the kids.

I doubt you will achieve what is displayed in the above post with ISO 100 with the S700. You are probably just going to have to figure it out when you are there as no one here will know exactly the lighting you have, and most here have more capable equipment for low light.

I would assume you are either going to use full manual or something like A or S mode. I would guess that you will need at least ISO 400 with that camera to get any sort of decent shutter speed to eliminate blur from camera shake.

Do you know how to shoot in manual or the A or S modes? I didn't look to see when you joined here and don't know how new to photography you are.

It's all in what your lighting is and you will be the only one who will know what that is. Since you have to ask this question, I am guessing you don't have that big of grasp at shooting in manual mode. But I could be wrong, thus if you let everyone know how much you know, then someone can come in and explain more. Else, I'm at work and don't have the time to toss it out there right now. But I'll be checking the forum later on this evening.

For the time being, you can use Aperture priority mode (A on the dial) and set your aperture to f/3.5 (the max open the S700 will do). Next, check what your shutter speed will be set by the camera at. Personally, I wouldn't shoot less than 1/60 as I would get blur from camera shake. If the camera sets less than 1/60, increase the ISO. If it is better than 1/60, then that is just all around better and I would stay with that.

Where is the car show? I imagine it's at Bartle Hall. If so, the lighting in there is nice and bright...you won't need a flash in most cases.

I'll ditto Mr. Rogers. Try to achieve at least 1/60 shutter speed. if you're under that, raise the ISO.

I have an S700. But I'm fairly new and don't have any experience indoors except for in the house shooting the kids.

I doubt you will achieve what is displayed in the above post with ISO 100 with the S700. You are probably just going to have to figure it out when you are there as no one here will know exactly the lighting you have, and most here have more capable equipment for low light.

I would assume you are either going to use full manual or something like A or S mode. I would guess that you will need at least ISO 400 with that camera to get any sort of decent shutter speed to eliminate blur from camera shake.

Do you know how to shoot in manual or the A or S modes? I didn't look to see when you joined here and don't know how new to photography you are.

It's all in what your lighting is and you will be the only one who will know what that is. Since you have to ask this question, I am guessing you don't have that big of grasp at shooting in manual mode. But I could be wrong, thus if you let everyone know how much you know, then someone can come in and explain more. Else, I'm at work and don't have the time to toss it out there right now. But I'll be checking the forum later on this evening.

For the time being, you can use Aperture priority mode (A on the dial) and set your aperture to f/3.5 (the max open the S700 will do). Next, check what your shutter speed will be set by the camera at. Personally, I wouldn't shoot less than 1/60 as I would get blur from camera shake. If the camera sets less than 1/60, increase the ISO. If it is better than 1/60, then that is just all around better and I would stay with that.

I have only messed around with the A and S on the camera, but cant really get the hang of it. But i will try what you said out.

Where is the car show? I imagine it's at Bartle Hall. If so, the lighting in there is nice and bright...you won't need a flash in most cases.

I'll ditto Mr. Rogers. Try to achieve at least 1/60 shutter speed. if you're under that, raise the ISO.

Yeah its at Bartle hall. Which is normally bright like you said.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back