I need to vent about my camera return.....

Thanks for the replies everyone, I went ahead and emailed Helen.

Not really.....I Google searched Adorama vent - and there it was!
:blush: I wasn't even going to bring up a name, but I was asked.

Hmm..entirely coincidencental I'm sure.. lol

Not really.....I Google searched Adorama vent - and there it was!

Hmm.. which might be a good ad campaign for google really:

"Google. Helping Satan find you since 2004."

Hmm.. ok well, maybe not. I guess theres a good reason why I never went into advertising.. lol

I, for one, would like to thank Adorama for their wonderful non-discrimination employment policy which does not believe in discriminating against people just because they have a dementia spectrum disorder. The fact that they're willing to hire people who can't remember if they received an item or not is just wonderful for the community of people suffering from this terrible disease. :confused:

(Thank you Helen! All in fun of course. I'm hoping you can get this sorted out.)

Ok, seriously? That is just ridiculous. And I thought Henry's was bad.

The fact that a single call center rep typed something stupid does not mean that there is a problem with the entire staff team at Adorama. If the OP emails me with her order number, I hope I will be able to resolve this.

Until then.........

The fact that a single call center rep typed something stupid does not mean that there is a problem with the entire staff team at Adorama. If the OP emails me with her order number, I hope I will be able to resolve this. Until then.........

Thank you Helen. I have emailed you. It's nice to know that someone there cares enough to even bother googling "Adorama vent"

Soooooo..... What happened! The suspense has been killing me!

We were able to resolve the communication issue, but not the issue itself. Apparently I was "being invited to return" the three items to THEM. She had them do a store inventory to check for them and they were unable to locate the items. So either someone at UPS took them (DH was in a hurry to get to work, and had them seal the box with new bubble packaging) or someone at Adorama misplaced them. It's impossible to tell what happened, but it seems like there is nothing that can be done, so I am out $130. (It was originally supposed to be like $104, but for some reason I was charged $130, perhaps a shipping cost that wasn't mentioned?)

Sorry to hear about that...
I've only used Adorama a few times.
KeH has been so great to me that I hate giving anyone else my money.

For what it's worth though, those few experiences with Adorama were positive ones. I buy almost everything online. KeH and ebay get a ton of money from me, but i would have absolutely no problem at all completely dropping my use of a company if they stiffed me for $130.
There's other fish in the sea.

Soooooo..... What happened! The suspense has been killing me!

We were able to resolve the communication issue, but not the issue itself. Apparently I was "being invited to return" the three items to THEM. She had them do a store inventory to check for them and they were unable to locate the items. So either someone at UPS took them (DH was in a hurry to get to work, and had them seal the box with new bubble packaging) or someone at Adorama misplaced them. It's impossible to tell what happened, but it seems like there is nothing that can be done, so I am out $130. (It was originally supposed to be like $104, but for some reason I was charged $130, perhaps a shipping cost that wasn't mentioned?)

Might just be me but it doesn't make a lot of sense for someone at UPS to open the box, take the camera bag and memory card out and leave a very expensive camera behind, then retape the box it and drop it off at Adorama. Seems a lot more likely that someone at Adorama unboxed it and failed to document the items properly (since the bag and card wouldn't not have an obvious serial # on it I doubt they could verify which was which after the fact). Again, might just be me.

Might just be me but it doesn't make a lot of sense for someone at UPS to open the box, take the camera bag and memory card out and leave a very expensive camera behind, then retape the box it and drop it off at Adorama. Seems a lot more likely that someone at Adorama unboxed it and failed to document the items properly (since the bag and card wouldn't not have an obvious serial # on it I doubt they could verify which was which after the fact). Again, might just be me.

It's all very strange. I tent to lean towards your way of thinking. However, had UPS unpacked the box to add bubble wrap, it's possible they may have just "forgot" to put everything back. Though if it was left on the counter you would think I would have gotten a phone call from ups saying they messed up. It's a small town, there was one older lady working that night. DH sounded pretty sure it wasn't a ups issue, but obviously there is no way to prove that.

I just emailed and asked if they would apply my loss to a new camera so it's a "win win" for everyone. If not, I guess I'll have to pick a new store.

I just emailed and asked if they would apply my loss to a new camera so it's a "win win" for everyone. If not, I guess I'll have to pick a new store.

Well I am fully prepared to break into a synergy dance at a moments notice, so just keep us posted.. lol

Last edited:
I'm done talking publicly about the details. However, I will say that the issue will apparently be left unresolved. If anyone is actually interested in the details they are welcome to PM me.

Who's DH, dear hubby?? this seems to be rather confusing but I think maybe I just came into it late. Hindsight being 20-20 I suppose it might have been better to just keep a media card once the package was opened and the card was used. Why was UPS repacking it? although I ship UPS using preprinted labels since I set up an account, but I used to go to a store near where I worked and never had a problem with them packing and shipping an item. I buy from Adorama all the time too and have a regular sales rep handle my purchases, never had a problem.

This seems like you couldn't win for losing all around, I'm sorry you're going thru all this. Hope at least you get a refund for most of the cost so you aren't out all the money.

I'm done talking publicly about the details. However, I will say that the issue will apparently be left unresolved. If anyone is actually interested in the details they are welcome to PM me.

That is really a shame JJ, I'm terribly sorry to hear it. I guess I'll need to re-evaluate a few of my future planned purchases as well as possible future recommendations on where to buy to the new folks. Don't get me wrong, so far I've never had any problems with Adorama myself but then again I've never been in a situation where I've had to return anything either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back