I need to vent about my camera return.....

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am so irritated right now. As you probably know, I returned my d7100 a week or so ago. Since I bought it online, I am dealing with an online returns dept. A condensed version of our correspondence is below:

store: We received your shipment, but due to the memory card being open we will refund you minus $50 for the card
me: will I get the memory card back?
Store: I told you, we did not receive the memory card. If you sent it, where is it?
me: You told me it was open. It was in the camera bag. if its not there, check the assessory box of the camera body. I am positive I sent it back
store: I will forward this email to the returns dept.
Store: Im sorry, we did not receive the camera bag, the memory card, or the filter set and we now have to charge you $105. would you like the filter set and the camera bag shipped back to you?

:banghead:

Seriously?! SERIOUSLY? You either HAVE it, or you DO NOT have it. Which is it?

We don't have a camera store in our town (or within 2 hours that I know of), and I try to support online photo stores when I can, but from now on I guess I am going to have to just go with best buy because I can return in the store.

Vent over.

Who was the Merchant? May I asks Why you sent it back. I only deal with B&H and ADORAMA or my Local Shop.

A nightmare scenario!! Good lord, I have a personal "concierge" at Amazon!! Everything is always taken care of. Sorry for your trouble.

Who was the Merchant? May I asks Why you sent it back?
Adorama. I sent it back due to spots on the sensor that were Showing up at f5.6 and would no come off with a wet cleaning. (And because I decided I wanted something different) I fully expected to be charged shipping fees, or a restock fee of some sort, so it's not the money. It's the terrible communication. DH and I packed the box together, checking off each item as it went in. I am 100% sure the memory card is in the shipment, had I known they wouldn't take back an open memory card- I would have just kept it. I won't even go into the fact that the 100$ of items they are charging me for were automatically added into my cart and considered "free"

Wow that don't sound like ADORAMA but sadly even reputable places have there moments. Sorry of your frustrations,hope it all works out.

HelenOster is a TPF member that works for Adorama ,and has a good reputation of resolving issues. I suggest you PM. Her.

HelenOster is a TPF member that works for Adorama ,and has a good reputation of resolving issues. I suggest you PM. Her.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. In the grand scheme of things though, I know this Is a very small issue, so I think I am just going to cut my losses. I already emailed them my response, and I would really just like refund ASAP. I fully expected to be charged, again, it's the communication that bothers me, and I don't understand how the card isn't in the shipment.

I am so irritated right now. As you probably know, I returned my d7100 a week or so ago. Since I bought it online, I am dealing with an online returns dept. A condensed version of our correspondence is below:

store: We received your shipment, but due to the memory card being open we will refund you minus $50 for the card
me: will I get the memory card back?
Store: I told you, we did not receive the memory card. If you sent it, where is it?
me: You told me it was open. It was in the camera bag. if its not there, check the assessory box of the camera body. I am positive I sent it back
store: I will forward this email to the returns dept.
Store: Im sorry, we did not receive the camera bag, the memory card, or the filter set and we now have to charge you $105. would you like the filter set and the camera bag shipped back to you?

:banghead:

Seriously?! SERIOUSLY? You either HAVE it, or you DO NOT have it. Which is it?

We don't have a camera store in our town (or within 2 hours that I know of), and I try to support online photo stores when I can, but from now on I guess I am going to have to just go with best buy because I can return in the store.

Vent over.

Ok, well send Helen a PM or call them on the phone, I'm sure they will straighten it out. Sounds like you got a CSR via the email system that is either not all that competent or possibly just having an off day. Happens.

Who was the Merchant? May I asks Why you sent it back?
Adorama. I sent it back due to spots on the sensor that were Showing up at f5.6 and would no come off with a wet cleaning. (And because I decided I wanted something different) I fully expected to be charged shipping fees, or a restock fee of some sort, so it's not the money. It's the terrible communication. DH and I packed the box together, checking off each item as it went in. I am 100% sure the memory card is in the shipment, had I known they wouldn't take back an open memory card- I would have just kept it. I won't even go into the fact that the 100$ of items they are charging me for were automatically added into my cart and considered "free"

I was sorry to read that this was your experience; can you please email me: [email protected], with your order number - so I can look into it.

thank you

Truthfully, that is just plain mind boggling .. :scratch:

I guess the "and" is the qualifier of all 3 as a "package" thus all 3 have to be returned at the same time.

Truthfully, that is just plain mind boggling .. :scratch:

I'd use other words - like: downright incompetent / in the wrong job....

Ok, seriously? That is just ridiculous. And I thought Henry's was bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back