To Quote Picasso

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wonder, as I think most do, where will I find that next great shot. Reading this gave me some in site.

Words on where inspiration comes from. Pablo Picasso

I don’t have a clue. Ideas are simply starting points. I can rarely set them down as they come to my mind. As soon as I start to work, others well up in my pen. To know what you’re going to draw, you have to begin drawing… When I find myself facing a blank page, that’s always going through my head. What I capture in spite of myself interests me more than my own ideas.

Thanks for looking, still pondering. Ed

Lovely quote. Picasso also said: "I have discovered photography. Now I can kill myself. I have nothing left to learn."

Words from the man that painted this......and called it the female bust. :lol:

Apparently he met some Strange women or got some bad acid.

Last edited:
I don't know what to say..you have already said in your original post, that ...To know what you’re going to draw, you have to begin drawing…
then translate that though into picking up your camera and start looking around. You'll find something to inspire you to then press that shutter button.

Oh btw, I know who Picasso is...and I do not like his style really...
:wink:

Here's another great Picasso line (I'm sure that this is a paraphrase): "Some artists see the sun and create a yellow ball. Other artists see a yellow ball and create a sun." To me, that's the difference between taking a snapshot vs. creating a photograph.

I think the key to it is just to go out and start imagining the scene...without a camera but with your eyes...see what looks aesthetic to you. SUre you may not have a full idea of what that is, but atleast 80% of what you think it will be is in your head. The other 20 is finding the technical aspects and actually creating the art that you imagine and view in your head.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back