I think bh photo

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just lost my business.

Not that they prolly care i dont buy much anyway and they are a pretty big outfit.

Lets just say quick one day shipping turned into 4 shipments, and i still missing a lens.
Sent them email , after email..

For comparison. I ordered a few things from cameta camera, adorama, best buy. That was already here a week ago or more nice and organized.

Even the paper from bh i still havent received. They sent me a single memory card in this big box though. ONE memory card, big box. Drugs over there or what?

But for the pricing. You can get it elsewhere much quicker seeming and at lower cost. With much less headache.
Sad, i used bh in past and had fairly good luck but they not performing too well right now.
Sent them email after email.. "Oh we sorry".

Really dont care if they sorry i want my lens and paper......

I have purchased 2 Canon 7d cameras, 2 Canon 5d cameras, two telephoto lenses, and many, many, many memory cards and have never had a problem with shipping. It would be one of those odd things that just happen. I will continue to use them as I have in the past.

I've had two problems with shipping just recently, where the items are not being delivered when they say they will be delivered. Probably haven't "lost" my business, but I'm definitely open to shopping elsewhere, since shipping times are going to be the same elsewhere.

I used to go to B&H because it was free expedited shipping, if I ordered today early enough, they'd ship it and I'd get it tomorrow given my proximity to them regionally. Not any more. :(

This time of year, all bets are off.

This time of year, all bets are off.
Personally, I don't accept this as a response, and we as consumers need to hold businesses accountable. If they offer a service, they need to deliver. Otherwise, what is it but false advertising.

If this were the norm, B&H would be out of business. I think this is an aberration and not the norm.

I've had two problems with shipping just recently, where the items are not being delivered when they say they will be delivered. Probably haven't "lost" my business, but I'm definitely open to shopping elsewhere, since shipping times are going to be the same elsewhere.

I used to go to B&H because it was free expedited shipping, if I ordered today early enough, they'd ship it and I'd get it tomorrow given my proximity to them regionally. Not any more. :(

Agree -- I loved being in one-day radius when they were doing that. Now, if what I want isn't on Amazon, I get it from Adorama, because they still offer the expedited shipping.

I’ve also noticed the trend of not receiving orders quickly despite being one shipping day away. Sometimes it annoys me, sometimes it doesn’t. Depends on how bad I wanted it the next day I guess.

Amazon Prime has spoiled me, for sure. That's where the angst comes from, probably. I get frustrated when other companies don't pick and ship their orders within 24 hours (because Amazon nearly always does). It isn't a reasonable expectation for most supply chains, but it still annoys me. (Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic are the worst that way...it takes them 4 or 5 business days to pick orders sometimes.)

Just lost my business.

Not that they prolly care i dont buy much anyway and they are a pretty big outfit.

Lets just say quick one day shipping turned into 4 shipments, and i still missing a lens.
Sent them email , after email..

For comparison. I ordered a few things from cameta camera, adorama, best buy. That was already here a week ago or more nice and organized.

Even the paper from bh i still havent received. They sent me a single memory card in this big box though. ONE memory card, big box. Drugs over there or what?

But for the pricing. You can get it elsewhere much quicker seeming and at lower cost. With much less headache.
Sad, i used bh in past and had fairly good luck but they not performing too well right now.
Sent them email after email.. "Oh we sorry".

Really dont care if they sorry i want my lens and paper......
About a year ago I had a similar delivery problem with an order of pipe tobacco from Pipes and Cigars. I didn’t complain to them, but a couple of weeks after the tobacco did arriv, I got an e-mail from them apologizing for the lousy service and providing a no-strings, no-minimum $50 gift card. They explained that they had “upgraded” their shipping software and it had been a disaster. I remain a loyal customer.
As to B&H, my experience has always been great. You can run into some delays because they are closed - even their online ordering - on some Jewish holidays, including every Saturday.

Amazon Prime has spoiled me, for sure. That's where the angst comes from, probably. I get frustrated when other companies don't pick and ship their orders within 24 hours (because Amazon nearly always does). It isn't a reasonable expectation for most supply chains, but it still annoys me. (Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic are the worst that way...it takes them 4 or 5 business days to pick orders sometimes.)
Agree, but with the caveat that Prime is a service that YOU PAY FOR, so you better get what you pay for.

The thing is, when a company gets you used to it (and ADVERTISES it), then I expect it. So, I may not expect it from other companies, but I expect it from B&H when they claim free expedited shipping AND when they've delivered on that promise before. So, when they still claim it, but don't get me the item within the timeframe, I am a bit miffed.

Or if they send out in like 5 boxes of little things over 2 or 3 weeks instead of a single on time box?
Agree, but with the caveat that Prime is a service that YOU PAY FOR, so you better get what you pay for.

The thing is, when a company gets you used to it (and ADVERTISES it), then I expect it. So, I may not expect it from other companies, but I expect it from B&H when they claim free expedited shipping AND when they've delivered on that promise before. So, when they still claim it, but don't get me the item within the timeframe, I am a bit miffed.

As with B&H I have never had a problem, ever. Sure packages have arrived late, but they are not in the delivery business.
As for Amazon, I have found the quickest delivery, the both sell...and a "part" of delivery, but mostly Amazon has warehouses closer to me than the distance of B&H.

The best point here is what quality are you receiving from any other than B&H.
Do you believe Amazon has qualified people standing behind a product coming from who knows where?

Most Amazon products I see from Amazon are "new" but most likely some have been around.

Now, I have purchased from amazon and had good results. However, I have received product sub standard.

With every business, problems exist. That's normal, they are run by humans.

Now with adorama, they allow a second party which works within their website ignore your order from adorama and order outside which would be Amazon and send you cheaper product from there to gain profit. Who knows what quality you are recieving.

but they are not in the delivery business.
B&H is responsible for the product from the store/warehouse to my front door. It may be UPS' or FedEx's fault that it's late or damaged, but ultimately, B&H will have to answer for it.

ETA:
I agree, but they still need to answer for the problems.

but they are not in the delivery business.
B&H is responsible for the product from the store/warehouse to my front door. It may be UPS' or FedEx's fault that it's late or damaged, but ultimately, B&H will have to answer for it.

ETA:
I agree, but they still need to answer for the problems.
Ehh...so if UPS loses it, b&h has to pay?

C'mon....

Most reactions

Back