I think bh photo

but they are not in the delivery business.
B&H is responsible for the product from the store/warehouse to my front door. It may be UPS' or FedEx's fault that it's late or damaged, but ultimately, B&H will have to answer for it.

ETA:
With every business, problems exist. That's normal, they are run by humans.
I agree, but they still need to answer for the problems.
Ehh...so if UPS loses it, b&h has to pay?

C'mon....
If UPS loses it, it's B&H's responsibility from my perspective as the consumer. B&H needs to get me the product. Don't get me wrong, B&H can then demand payment from UPS, or I'm sure they have some arrangement or insurance worked out. But as a consumer, I don't worry about that.

Let me try a scenario. You go to a fast food joint. You go to the cashier, pay for your meal, and then stand by the side and wait. As the worker walks over with your tray of food to the counter, he trips and the food gets spilled on the ground. Do you care who spilled your food vs. who took your order? I don't, I just want the food I paid for.

Google "if ups loses my package, who pays" it will show ups does.
B&H is not pizza hut.

Ups is fully responsible. They took possession and did not give it to you.
You agreed to let ups to take it. You agreed ups is responsible.
You agreed to all of this when you ordered it.

Considering the haphazard responses, I think I'm going to withdraw from the conversation.

But, I will say the following, which is a quote directly from the UPS website, here: Claims | UPS Support - United States It was the first link under the web search "if ups loses my package, who pays". Take a look at the bold, underlined text, which is my emphasis. The SHIPPER is to start the claim, not the receiver. In this case, B&H is the shipper, not the consumer. So, the consumer should contact B&H to let them know they did not receive the package.

• Loss: You can file a claim on a package if it has not been delivered 24 hours after the expected delivery date and time. Before filing a claim, be sure you’ve checked all exterior doors and other locations where the package could be placed, including the porch, back patio, garage, and any area out of potential weather hazards. You should also check with anyone who might have retrieved the package. If you’re still unable to locate the package, contact the shipper to start a claim.

Huh. How we get on this?

I had a book lost in shipping. Told seller and they filed a claim on dhs insurance (the shipper) and refunded me. Now i had a keyboard damaged in shipping. U.p.s notified seller and seller sent a new one. My guess is u.p.s insurance paid it.

Either way, not my issue though i am the buyer.

I have never had a problem with B&H but did have a different experience recently when i ordered a few items at the same time.one item was a used battery and Travel charger and new lens an hood and grip for the same camera expedited shipping but they expedited 1 of 2 boxes so i received the least expensive item overnight but not box two that took two days in a second delivery which i found strange.Maybe used stuff is in a different warehouse or something but why was the most expensive stuff also suppose to be expedited never went out until late evening.No big deal but never had that happen before and bought used or refurbished before mixed with new stuff and always got it all together.

My last B&H purchase was in 2006 or 2007 if my memory serves me correctly. I ordered several Speedotron flash tubes, which were listed as in-stock. My credit card was charged, and I received one flash tube. The balance of my order was NOT shipped for quite some time (* four weeks or so, as I recall). I was peeved. $389 of the order (around $500 worth, since I was outfitting a fairly large purchase of used 102 flash heads that I bought with no flashtubes) was back-ordered, and my card had been charged. That was my _last_ time ordering from B&H Photo. Yeah...I'm the kind of customer that expects that In-Stock and Credit Card Charged means my merchandise damned well better be 1) In-Stock and 2)Shipped promptly once my credit card has been charged.

I am the kind of customer that holds a grudge, one might say. When you charge me, send me one-sixth of my order, then make me wait a month while using my money...I get pi$$ed.

I've had two problems with shipping just recently, where the items are not being delivered when they say they will be delivered. Probably haven't "lost" my business, but I'm definitely open to shopping elsewhere, since shipping times are going to be the same elsewhere.

I used to go to B&H because it was free expedited shipping, if I ordered today early enough, they'd ship it and I'd get it tomorrow given my proximity to them regionally. Not any more. :(

Agree -- I loved being in one-day radius when they were doing that. Now, if what I want isn't on Amazon, I get it from Adorama, because they still offer the expedited shipping.

I love Amazon shipping and convenience but I check other places first and only order from Amazon if there is a significant difference in price or availability. I don’t like the way Amazon is becoming so big and eliminating all competition. Once they’re the only game in town, their cheap prices and fast shipping will go away and we’ll all be screwed. For photo equipment I check Adorama, Best Buy, Cameta then B&H in that order. I’ve had excellent experiences with Adorama for both new and used purchases so they are my go to.

My last B&H purchase was in 2006 or 2007 if my memory serves me correctly. I ordered several Speedotron flash tubes, which were listed as in-stock. My credit card was charged, and I received one flash tube. The balance of my order was NOT shipped for quite some time (* four weeks or so, as I recall). I was peeved. $389 of the order (around $500 worth, since I was outfitting a fairly large purchase of used 102 flash heads that I bought with no flashtubes) was back-ordered, and my card had been charged. That was my _last_ time ordering from B&H Photo. Yeah...I'm the kind of customer that expects that In-Stock and Credit Card Charged means my merchandise damned well better be 1) In-Stock and 2)Shipped promptly once my credit card has been charged.

I am the kind of customer that holds a grudge, one might say. When you charge me, send me one-sixth of my order, then make me wait a month while using my money...I get pi$$ed.

I don’t think they’re allowed to charge you until the item is shipped. Not sure when that regulation went into effect. I’ve noticed that some companies will create a shipping label so they can charge you but the item doesn’t get to the shipper for several days after that.

Shipping issue is getting worst nowadays. It is simply because expectations are different from the past. If I order something, it better be here in 2 days or I will be mad (First world problem because millions and millions of people out there do not even have the luxury to worry about this problem, they simply don't).

But based on what OP said, this does not appear to be a shipping issue. It seems to be B&H was not able to fulfill the entire order in one shot. Instead they choose to fulfill them once they have them in stock. I think it is a common practice that business sell stuff they do not have them on hand but they are on their way especially for online and mail order company. And by fulfilling partial order, it lower the chance of buyer cancelling the entire order even if it mean lower profit margins (paid more shipping cost).

In the past, it wasn't a big issue simply because when people order something from a mail order business, it usually take awhile for it to arrive. Even for online order, usually a week is expected in general for me who live in the midwest. (min. 3 days ground shipping from east coast and 4 days ground shipping from the west. And seller usually take one to two day to ship stuff out). But nobody complaint back then. And seller usually offer expedited shipping like ship out on the same day for a small cost and buyer need to pay more for next and 2nd day shipping).

Ok, I will re-iterate about the practices of amazon..and adorama.
Amazon can sell you a product and you willingly accept that you may have to fight it out with a third party.
Say...a counterfeit item.
Done and been there, took the loss and made no attempt.
Second, adorama takes no responsibility for the actions of third parties within their website- hint- bait and switch that they may do.
I am beginning to see that this website may have some practices of their own.
Any promoting a world wide known and respected camera company to be...belittled when they are actually the most respected sounds kinda fishy.
I have gone to the bbb once showing an issue and a certain company kept denying and twisting my words and acting like they didn't understand. Over and over and over doing the same thing until I gave up.
Guess what? You stop replying and the bbb halts the complaint.
In other words, they will wear you down and continue the practice.

I wouldn't put too much stock in lawsuits...
Coors got the same and settled. They decided to put black people in their commercials like instructed.
McDonalds paid for hot coffee...etc etc.

I used to work for a small company. We were not afraid of suits, as there was no money.
Now I work for big business...I have seen them pay for things when it was obvious it wasn't our fault.
It's all about getting the problem over with and out of the limelight.

I worked for a company once where they were afraid of firing someone b/c this person might sue. Sure, most cases are resolved by rehiring...or paid wage.
But the thought was this person was after getting the much needed therapy paid for.

I have had threats made to me severel times ...they were going to "HR" b/c I was enforcing policy.
I have also had someone go to HR b/c this person did not want to be managed.

This person said I had her up against a wall, with my hands on her and saying I was threatening her.

I suppose that could be a lawsuit as I was mgment and I suppose the business would have settled.

I have never had a problem with B&H, and they are usually my go-to for my sometimes-hard-to-find Pentax gear. Always prompt up to this point.

Most reactions

Back