I think I made some one's day

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was helping a friend move last night and as I was hanging out next to the truck, I happened to see some guy standing outside the cafe across the street with a camera. I walked over and said hi and asked what he was shooting with...it happened to be an XT.

I wen back across the street to my truck and got my 70-200 2.8 IS out of my camera bag and let him shoot with it for a little while.

I are a good sumaritun. :mrgreen:

Nah.. you just ruined it for him... no regular glass willl ever be good enough... and his bank account will never be the same...

hhehehe lol :lmao:

I was helping a friend move last night and as I was hanging out next to the truck, I happened to see some guy standing outside the cafe across the street with a camera. I walked over and said hi and asked what he was shooting with...it happened to be an XT.

I wen back across the street to my truck and got my 70-200 2.8 IS out of my camera bag and let him shoot with it for a little while.

I are a good sumaritun. :mrgreen:

Yea, he is probably out to max out his credit cards now. I know I would be!

EEK! Are you crazy? I would never trust another photog with my equipment. I know how clumsy I am, what if he would've dropped it... ouch.

But yes, it was nice of you and I am SURE it made his day!

what if he just bolted with it.

Insurance.

Plus I knew the people he was talking to at the cafe. He's apparently friends with a girl I know that works there. It's a small college town and even if he would have ran off with it, he would have paid for it in the long run.

I mean, there's not too many people that go by the name of Turtle.

Thats exactly how I ended up with mine. I already had the 100-400L and was hemming and hawing over getting the 70-200 f2.8 L When my buddy stopped by to run his dog on our land I saw his in his truck and he said try it. I put it on my 40D shot about 50 pics of his dog running and when he left later I went right online to B&H and bought mine:lol:.

Digging up the cash for the 400 f/2.8 L right now;).

That big aperture is like night and day( literally) for the type of photography I do.

I am in the process of switching out all my glass for Canon L series large aperture glass.

Good for you for sharing! I had a complete stranger offer to let me use one of his lenses, when he overheard me saying I couldn't fit the whole market square into a shot. I thought it terribly nice of him. And LP let me use one of his honking big white Canon lenses... what a thrill! But yes, it does make one yearn for those bigger, better lenses once you've seen what they can do!

Insurance.

Plus I knew the people he was talking to at the cafe. He's apparently friends with a girl I know that works there. It's a small college town and even if he would have ran off with it, he would have paid for it in the long run.

I mean, there's not too many people that go by the name of Turtle.

Exactly and if his name is turtle he probably isnt a very fast runner:lol:

I am in the process of switching out all my glass for Canon L series

im aiming for a 5d, so I don't think I'll be purchasing any ef-s lenses. The only problem is that I don't have a wide angle. I want the 17-40l, but that won't do me any good until I get my 5d. Its a good kit lens replacement though.

im aiming for a 5d, so I don't think I'll be purchasing any ef-s lenses. The only problem is that I don't have a wide angle. I want the 17-40l, but that won't do me any good until I get my 5d. Its a good kit lens replacement though.

I almost went the 5D route but went with the 40D because it suited my long range needs better. The 5D badly needs an update and I will wait for it. I also stay away fron EF-S lenses for the same reason you state.

I think I would like to round out what I have with an EF 24-70 f/2.8L USM, an EF 16-35 f/2.8L USM and the EF 100 f/2.8 Macro USM.

If all goes well a an EF 400 f/2.8 IS USM should be in the stable soon

VI - that happened to me when I was unable to get inside the fence at Laguna Seca when I started shooting - a guy shooting for Sports Illustrated hunkered with me near a good spot, and we shared a hole in the fence for a while. I had my trusty, crappy old 75/300 f4.5-5.6 zoomer mounted on a Rebel II, and he had a 70-200 f/2.8L and a 1N. He asked to try my lens, I asked to try his. We shared for a long time, and I hated to give his back.

That's what drove me deeper and got me started - never forget that guy. I can't pass a pile of dog doo without wondering what aperture/shutter to use, but there it is.

Good Samaritan, indeed - you did make his day!

Most reactions

Back