I think I'm getting better ;) 3 for C&C!

JoshC.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,
I have three here for C&C! Thank you!
And one question: yesterday I went out and took a few shots, but when I put them on my computer not all of them were there. What could have happened to them? They weren't amazing shots so I wasn't really worried, but I just don't want to have good shots lost in the future.

1. ISO 100, 18mm, f/4.0, 1/40 sec
5402727819_a2cc0c76a9_b.jpg

2. ISO 200, 32 mm, f/4.8, 1/20 sec, handheld
5403326420_9efde526af_b.jpg

3. ISO 100, 18mm, f/9, 1/160 sec, handheld
5403325626_6792f20a4a_b.jpg

Thank you!

1. sky is blown out, but i like the angle

2. are you shooting the little tree? thats where your focus is

3 not sure what the subject matter is. the horizon is dead in the middle...

nice job overall though....

1. sky is blown out, but i like the angle

2. are you shooting the little tree? thats where your focus is

3 not sure what the subject matter is. the horizon is dead in the middle...

nice job overall though....

Ok thanks!
For 2 I was trying to focus the tire but i guess it was poorly executed.
And yeah I agree 3 is too busy, the more I look at it.

Thank you for the feedback!

i really like #3, the texture of the snow. it makes me wonder though if it may have been better captured from a higher vantage point?

i really like #3, the texture of the snow. it makes me wonder though if it may have been better captured from a higher vantage point?

Thank you! Higher as in standing up? Or like much higher?

maybe holding it above your head or something, that way it provides a different perspective than if you were just standing there... just thinking out loud is all... i think it would be cool to see the shapes of the "mini dunes" of snow a little better and it looks like a little higher perspective may accomplish that

maybe holding it above your head or something, that way it provides a different perspective than if you were just standing there... just thinking out loud is all... i think it would be cool to see the shapes of the "mini dunes" of snow a little better and it looks like a little higher perspective may accomplish that

Ok great advice! Thanks :)

I'm glad the first photo has a blown out sky. The sky isn't the focus of the photo, the rope is; its not a landscape shot. I'd say that the tree in the bottom right is more of a problem than a blown out sky. I like the perspective, the shape, curves, and texture!

Middle photo has great contrast, but not a clear subject and its a bit busy and not very balanced in composition. Its the one that could use the most work, but still pretty good!

I really like the third photo, seems the horizon is a bit crooked to me, like a picture on the wall that looks straight but also looks slightly crooked :p Over all, its like a mini snow mountainscape followed by a mystic treeline :)

I'm glad the first photo has a blown out sky. The sky isn't the focus of the photo, the rope is; its not a landscape shot. I'd say that the tree in the bottom right is more of a problem than a blown out sky. I like the perspective, the shape, curves, and texture!

Middle photo has great contrast, but not a clear subject and its a bit busy and not very balanced in composition. Its the one that could use the most work, but still pretty good!

I really like the third photo, seems the horizon is a bit crooked to me, like a picture on the wall that looks straight but also looks slightly crooked :p Over all, its like a mini snow mountainscape followed by a mystic treeline :)

Thanks a lot! I agree with your thoughts on the sky of the first photo, but to each his own.
I'm not feeling the second shot much either. I agree its way to busy and no focus point.
Thanks for you comments, much appreciated :)

I like the rope shot. I think it turned out quite alright. I like the exposure, and the tonal values. Of the three, I think it is the keeper,and the other two are learning experiences. #2 seems to have a slight bit too much of a vignette added; not that it is awful or anything, but the vignette is visible, and obvious, and that sort of hampers the strong B&W technical values the shot otherwise shows. #3 seems to suffer from a tilted horizon, but I do like the little dunes of snow that you are showing.

I like the rope shot. I think it turned out quite alright. I like the exposure, and the tonal values. Of the three, I think it is the keeper,and the other two are learning experiences. #2 seems to have a slight bit too much of a vignette added; not that it is awful or anything, but the vignette is visible, and obvious, and that sort of hampers the strong B&W technical values the shot otherwise shows. #3 seems to suffer from a tilted horizon, but I do like the little dunes of snow that you are showing.

Thank you Derrel! Great feedback, I really appreciate it! :)

I like the first photo the best, however I feel like it could benefit from a slightly smaller f/stop to get the bottom of the rope in focus as well.

I like the first photo the best, however I feel like it could benefit from a slightly smaller f/stop to get the bottom of the rope in focus as well.

Yes I agree! I'll have to try that. Thanks :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back