I WANT A DOG!

Here's my Australian Shepherd mix. His name is Oliver, and he's awesome :)
JoeOliver2SM.jpg

Wow...that's a totally awesome picture Joe...some really cool hot chick musta been the photographer, huh?

Oliver is so cute :love:

Archangel said:
yep...... they are a kind of symbol over here for a brit..... like you'd usually find a tattoo of a boxer with the british flag behind it on the arm of a hooligan.... nice dog... but a bit dumb and slobbers everywhere :mrgreen:

I resent that statement. Boxers are actually a very very smart breed. The problme is they can be stubborn. I have a boxer puppy and a boxer/doberman mix. I have always had a boxer in my life and will never go without one, they are the most loyal dogs ever. Here is a paragraph from boxerworld.com, it sums up a boxer pretty good.

"He is the clown of the dog fraternity, canines answer to vaudeville. A laugh a minute, lives life to the fullest, a maximum velocity version of canine slapstick. But he is also a sympathetic soul, a shoulder to cry on, a confidante. He is all that is good in a dog. He is of course The Boxer (from the article Canine Clowns by Matthew Cowley)"

I love all animals but a boxer has more of a personality and is just different from any other dog. But you want a low energy dog so a boxer doesn't fit your bill.

I mean, how can you resist this? :lol: (of course, after the fact she is trying to eat my broom)
Pictures906b.jpg

P.S. - - You are doing a great thing looking for a dog who needs rescued instead of just going out a buying a puppy. It is unreal the number of animals that need homes because people are not responsible enough to get their pet spayed or neutered. Kudos to you!

what about a Tibetan Terrier? My parents are going to get one of these sometime after our poodle karks it.
http://www.ttca-online.org/characteristics.htm
kevin.jpg

Free Tibet!
LOL
Originally posted by: http://www.the-tta.org.uk/about.htm
A Tibetan Terrier is very trainable provided he can see some point in what he is being asked to do.
Yeah, we've got a black poodle, and far from being girlie, our poodle rocks. He's about 20 something so well over 100 in dog years, hes blind, he's deaf and all his teeth are falling out but he's still got a zest for life and is brilliant. :) so maybe think about a poodle too? Ours is a 'miniature' one so bigger than a yorkie.. smaller than a 'standard' but bigger than a 'toy' poodle.

Ok people....wish me luck! Before I can get a dog, I have to first get permission from my landlord (yeah yeah, I know, this thread might have been a bit pre-emptive). I went to pay my rent just now and ask him about it, buy he wasn't there (his wife was, but I want to talk to him directly). I dunno why, but I'm nervous as hell! I'm so scared he'll say no! When I first moved in he seemed more worried about cats than dogs, and he ended up letting us move in with the cats, and now he's seen that they are well taken care of and we keep them clean...so I'm hoping. Not only that, but a few months ago, they just got thier very first dog ever, so I'm hoping they've developed a soft spot! I'm prepared to work out an agreement of somesort if he's not too receptive of the idea...but...I'm nervous! Wish me luck guys! I'm gonna be heartbroken if he says no!

I wish you all the luck you need with your landlord!
I would recommend you an english Bulldog!
They are medium sized dogs on short legs, with quite an affectionate character, a bit stubborn too (like the boxers) but less active (they just LOVE to sleep all day long).

and they don't drool like boxers :)

bruce4.jpg

bruce8.jpg

bruce1joer.jpg

Good luck, Corry! Hope everything goes well!

Well, I went and talked to him.....

....and I chickened out and didn't ask him. :S

Stupid, stupid me.

I just talked to him about some other things involving my apartment.

Stupid me. :grumpy:

core_17 said:
Well, I went and talked to him.....

....and I chickened out and didn't ask him. :S

Stupid, stupid me.

I just talked to him about some other things involving my apartment.

Stupid me. :grumpy:
Irrelevant at this stage. We want you to get a dog, you've been stumping for a dog, so - go get the dog, already.

Odin likes the bulldog up there. He sleeps like that, too. :lol:

Most reactions

Back