I was bored

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
blue_water_001.jpg

Thanks, but it's got loads of flaws. It was taken with the digital under, shall we say not so great conditions. So lots of editing afterwards.
The edge of the darker base looks odd. There is a nasty reflection on the left side of the empty part of the glass (looks ok(ish) until you take a closer look). The rotating has made the edges of the glass jagged (as it naturally would do).

Hneehh. It'll do. :?

I wet mattress cover doubled over and hung from a rack in the garage. Two chairs behind the mattress cover with one 60w desk lamp, one 60w clip on lamp and one car inspection lamp (40 or 60w). They were there to give me the back lighting. It didn't work out that well. The desk lamp was fine, but because the other two were bulbs with no shade to direct the light towards the mattress cover not enough light hit that side to whiten it. So that was fixed in Photoshop (PSP8 to be exact).
The glass was on a set of step with two unused place mats turned upside down. They have been blurred in Photoshop (psp8 again...) to smooth out the noise and imperfections.
Water was placed into the glass, the lights turned off (leaving the lamps on) and the camera set to a ten second timer (the camera is an old point and shoot digital by the way). After I heard the beeps towards the end of the timer I thought of the fun I could be having on Supermarket Sweep and squirted in some blue food colouring from a syringe.

The steps the glass was on wasn't perfectly level which showed up after the images were seen on the computer. So I rotated the glass to hide it.

"Elegant in it's simplicity" The food coloring works well. I think it saved the infamous hot spot. The angle is a real problem. It makes no sense to me.

Creative job with the lights.

i love everything about this shot. food coloring was dead on as well as the angle!!!

looks great, for some reason everytime a photographer is bored they pull off the best photographs while one that isnt bored looking for a certain photo doesnt get it :p crazy

Awesome job! I actually kind of like the slant myself. It's different fromshots typically seen. Again NICE WORK!!!!!

Great shot ferny....you should try a series with different colors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back