I was just on Adobe chat and the service is still bloody pathetic

That can then reflect on your credit score as a renege

Stopping a company from dinging your account has nothing to do with your credit score. If you have a contractual payment agreement for a certain period of time or for a certain amount total with a company and don't make pay, then it can reflect on your credit, but how you transfer payment is irrelevant. Had a similar situation come up last year. My MS Office 360 is on an annual subscription. The card linked to payment was compromised and a new one issued, but I forgot to update MS. Of course when they tried to ding my card at renewal it wouldn't work. I got a nice email asking me if I wanted to renew then please update my card information. Had I not, my subscription would have stopped at the renewal date, and there would have been no further commitment.

In the case of Adobe, it is a 12 month subscription, that can be cancelled during the year but there is a 50% of remaining months early termination fee. How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership There is no charge if you cancel within 14 days after renewal. According to the web site you can opt out of the auto renewal at any time during the year without penalty by going to Manage Account page or by contacting us in your region.

I wonder if because of your country location, you are going through Adobe's billing partner? According to the Adobe site, online changes are not possible if you are. You have to call customer service for change (see above).

No I was on to support the billing company as you put would be in charge of stashing the money in various scrooge McDuck ways nothing more. I again reiterate that I am in Ireland, were I might add adobe have a European corporate headquarters/brass plate, for tax purposes. I have dealt with adobe customer service in the US and found them equally stupid so Im pretty sure there just globally incompetent, but not when it comes to money stashing.

I just wanted to say as someone who has been using Adobe Photoshop since Photoshop 7 that the monthly pricing is a dream.

$120 a year which entitles you to updates vs a single purchase that used to cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars at one point if I remember right (and no updates).

I just wanted to say as someone who has been using Adobe Photoshop since Photoshop 7 that the monthly pricing is a dream.

$120 a year which entitles you to updates vs a single purchase that used to cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars at one point if I remember right (and no updates).

On the face of it your right but its $120 for ever. Even after your dead they will still have a lean on your estate unless you have reminded someone in your will to stop the auto renew. The updates within the year are minor to the extent that they do not have noticeable improvements and there customer service is just awful plus adobe servers are regularly hacked.

Most reactions

Back