I Went to the Art Museum Today, and This is What I Saw...

Too funny.

G was my FAVORITE. Loved it.

Definitely a solid set. Well done.

a and p. I think I died a little when I saw those.

Man, I really get tired of C&C'ing these casual, record, snapshots :biglaugh:

Ok...
What I didn't like: A,B, C, D & I
What was just ok: E,F & J
What I did like: G, H, K, L, M, N, O, P

BTW, too hard to pick a favorite. The "like" pile is over the top and I normally don't even like this stuff.

Ok "N" for the win

A through O are amazing. Can't really pick a favorite. P doesn't really do much for me.
Amazing stuff Bitter, as always. What an eye you have.

I'd like to elaborate.

a:
It's hard to explain, but it just feels right. The depth created by the shadow on the roof (?) is lovely. Abstracts tend to seem two dimensional, but this has a clear depth. The colours work lovely together, and the fact that there are no vertical lines is works well. This very nicely illustrates something that I've been thinking about when drawing: When wanting to draw defined edges, don't draw lines, but draw differences in tones. I love it!

p:
As a, this one also has a sense of depth. If those diagonal bricks weren't present, it would just be a flat surface, but it appears that the bricks on the right are closer to us than those on the left. I love it. Those diagonal bricks truly make this shot. I love how dirty this pic seems, almost as if it's been underexposed by 4 stops and then brought up in ACR. The weak, vertical lines that appear in a pattern across the frame breaks the horizontal ones nicely, and livens up the composition, as opposed to only the horizontal ones.

Two perfect shots, imo.

I like them all except C; I am not sure how many among us would have noticed these if we were to visit the same place.They don't present themselves unto you; you have to seek and find them :thumbsup:

In C, i found the transparent material betrays the solidity of the whole series :D

Most reactions

Back