Ice and bokeh

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Inspired by the video posted by @Jens Heidler in this thread. Winter Macro using Ice and Sunlight

I
f not for having seen this video a few days before, I would not have dragged myself out into the cold the day after the storm when I saw that the trees were covered with ice.

Except for #3 which was taken with a Fuji 60mm, the rest were taken with a Pentacon AV 80mm 2.8 lens to create the bubble bokeh. It’s not the sharpest - it’s more of an art lens than a macro. These have been edited to give them an abstract look. Comments and critique always welcome.

Snapseed edit by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Ice bokeh by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Quite surreal. The last particularly.

Nicely done. #1 for me. I definitely get a wintry feel from it and the contrast between the white and blue give it a bit more depth.

You need to cut back on your bokeh, it's overwhelmingly awesome! ;)
Fantastic set, thanks for sharing.

Creative! I love the colors.

Very pretty! These turned out great. Would make a nice wall series. ;)

Nice set! I need to get out and try this too after watching Jens' video. We're finally starting to get some snow so should have an opportunity soon.

Quite surreal. The last particularly.

Thanks.

Nicely done. #1 for me. I definitely get a wintry feel from it and the contrast between the white and blue give it a bit more depth.

This is my favorite as well. I wish I’d taken a few more from further back. Next time!

You need to cut back on your bokeh, it's overwhelmingly awesome! ;)
Fantastic set, thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

Creative! I love the colors.

Thanks! I’ve been trying to stay close to home and still have some fun.

The color tones are great in these.

Thank you!

Very pretty! These turned out great. Would make a nice wall series. ;)

Thanks. Interesting idea about the wall series. Maybe in my hallway during the winter months and swap them out with something beachy in summer...

Ok these are beautiful. [emoji50][emoji2956]

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

so pretty

Thank you!

Nice set! I need to get out and try this too after watching Jens' video. We're finally starting to get some snow so should have an opportunity soon.

Thanks. Yes that video was great. If anyone hasn’t watched it yet, it’s worth your time for sure.

Unique vey nice!

Most reactions

Back