Ideas for children's v-day theme????

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a client who has a specific request and wants photos of her 3yr old twins with a valentine's theme. She has a boy and girl with her son being the larger of the two. This will be an outdoor session but I am at a loss for ideas.

I also want to have a v-day theme shoot with a 1 yr old who isn't walking, also outdoors.

I would love any ideas if you are willing to share.

a v-day shoot for siblings?
I don't know...seems kinda weird to me, and if I had those taken when I was a kid, I'd question my mom's sanity...lol.

Perhaps separately.

But uh...what about a big bowl of cinnamon hearts? No...choking hazard...

uh...outdoor, huh? What specifically are you asking? Like where should you do it? Or what you should bring? How you should pose?

Sorry...just not sure what you're asking for...maybe I can come up with an idea if you let me know.

a v-day shoot for siblings?
I don't know...seems kinda weird to me, and if I had those taken when I was a kid, I'd question my mom's sanity...lol.
I was thinking the same thing but she insists that she wants photos of her twins with a v-day theme. I am stumped on this one.
Perhaps separately.
I am thinking that too.
But uh...what about a big bowl of cinnamon hearts? No...choking hazard...

uh...outdoor, huh? What specifically are you asking? Like where should you do it? Or what you should bring? How you should pose?

Sorry...just not sure what you're asking for...maybe I can come up with an idea if you let me know.
I don't have the lighting or technical skills to shoot indoors to be comfortable on any kind of pro level so that is why the session needs to be outdoors with natural light.

I'm not sure what to look for as far as location. Park with a bridge perhaps?

This is a new request which is why I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it enough to ask my question properly. Sorry about that.

I would just concentrate on their attire...have them wearing something cute and red...or maybe cupid costumes or angle costumes.

You could find a parkbench or a tree that someone has carved a heart onto.
You could also have them both holding a long stem rose. Or one a rose, and the other a box of chocolates.

I don't know if a 3 yr old could do this, but have them make a heart shape with their hands and peek through it at the camera.

Get fake rose petals and let them have a "fight" throwing the petals at each other. (That always works great with fall leaves)

Hopefully, some of this helps.

Hey, Target has a really awesome heart shaped wreath made of roses, that would be adorable as a prop.

You could have them stand together, hugging with their back arm, and their two front arms holding the heart out.
They could hold close to their bodies, or up and out so that through your camera it frames their faces.

Another prop, if you can get them, would to have an "X" and an "O". For Hugs & Kisses.

Still seems too incestual to me...but maybe I'm just weird. I think the mother's nuts to want that.

Perhaps the clothing option is the best. Focus more on their clothes. Cutesy red stuff sounds right. The heart carved in a tree idea is really good...

....I still feel weird about it..ahaha. Pictures with my sister on v-day under a heart carved in a tree...hugging each other....

Oh well. It's money. Do what you gotta do.

Good luck.

Does it make it any better if you think about it in this way... The mom is probably thinking of the picture as a message to who she is giving the prints too; Dad or Grandma or someone like that. The kids can be holding the roses and candy out, as if they were giving them to that person.
Just a different way to think about it.

Does it make it any better if you think about it in this way... The mom is probably thinking of the picture as a message to who she is giving the prints too; Dad or Grandma or someone like that. The kids can be holding the roses and candy out, as if they were giving them to that person.
Just a different way to think about it.

i have never given my dad a valentines card lol lol or my grandad

this thread is way too weird for me

:lol: okay you guys crack me up. I admit it is weird but this mom seems to like themed photos. I was talking to her again yesterday about the xmas theme she had done at home. I really think she just wants it to be in the spirit of vday. Its still strange though to have both of them together but I love the heart idea so I am going to look for that at target. Thanks rachlynn for the ideas.

for the baby I think I am going to practice with my own first before I have my session with a client. Someone suggested a baby cherub/cupid so I will see how that works out. I am not sure what else to do with a baby. I never thought Valentine's would be so hard.

Would it be two weird to have two kids (boy girl, not related) to be in a photo together with a vday theme be it two babies or two 3 year olds

I found some cool (free) v-day photoshop brushes (and png's) that are great overlays for the photos.

I'll send a link if I can find one. PM to remind me... I'm pretty exhausted at the moment and need to regroup here later!

I don't think it's weird to have your kids in a V-day theme at all! They don't have to be kissing each other or anything. I think it would be cute to have an adorable photo for Vday cards.

I've heard that there are these oversized heart shaped suckers at Target as well. They're all in Vday colors. They're supposed to be in the dollar bins up front, I haven't looked yet though. Maybe just have them dressed in reds and let them go crazy on the suckers. Maybe towards the end of the shoot though because they'll get messy after a while.

Scout the park for red/pink flowers beforehand as a nice backdrop?

I don't think it's wierd - a romantic pose would be freaky, but just two little kids with a goofy prop or whatever? It'll be cute.

Most reactions

Back