If one photo could describe how I feel right now.... (self port)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as Emerana says, I really don't understand how my first comment (about your body parts being cut off and the photo being dark) is in any way an attack. It's a simple comment.

Please explain.

I think the comment in question is "you don't always have to wear skimpy clothes in all of your shots". I recall it worded differently (did you edit?). That is an offensive comment to make to a woman.

It wasn't worded differently. If I edited it, it would show time and date of the edit.

So instead of me saying "you don't always have to wear skimpy clothes in all of your shots" what would you rather me say? "Why are you such a slut?" Give me a break... what I said was in no way offensive to a woman, as you say. I didn't call her names or nothing even close to that. Simply stated a fact.

So instead of me saying "you don't always have to wear skimpy clothes in all of your shots" what would you rather me say? "Why are you such a slut?" Give me a break... what I said was in no way offensive to a woman, as you say. I didn't call her names or nothing even close to that. Simply stated a fact.

You could have stated it differently, if you didn't wanted to offend her. You could have pointed out something good from this pic before you went on a full-on attack.
And the way you put it now is pretty much offensive.

Wow, only in America. I bet if I lived there you'd sue me or shoot me...

Wow, if you all think "you don't always have to wear skimpy clothes in all of your shots" is offensive!! :lol::lol::lol: Good grief!! :confused:

Oh, I do like the shot, but if it is going to be cropped it should have been just a little higher up the leg maybe just above the ankle instead of half a foot.

skipping all of the above nonsense.... :roll:

Walking barefoot through the woods (not exactly comfortable) while also trying to safely get over barbed wire fencing with not much in the way of clothing on (a sticky situation nonetheless) while also being in somewhat of an awkward position where delicate balance is needed. I love the symbolism! :) I see a wedding ring too. I'll just say I hope that's NOT part of it!

I know I already posted once, but I decided to peep in again. I just wanted to say I find it very, "intriguing." I keep looking at it, trying to understand it more and more (there are many different levels of comprehension, IMO). Anyway, I don't know if you consider that a compliment or not, but I thought I'd tell you.

Wow, if you all think "you don't always have to wear skimpy clothes in all of your shots" is offensive!! :lol::lol::lol: Good grief!! :confused:

I don't think offensive is the correct word. More like intentionally tactless from my point of view. I would assume anybody who says these sorts of statements knows what sort of response it would get, though I could be wrong. Truthfully I'm just amazed any guy would tell a woman she should put on MORE clothes.

But what do I know, I'm just a troll... :)

^^ lol @ the troll part :mrgreen:

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I like the message - I don't necessarily like the execution.

On another note, a woman's body is a beautiful thing and at times, should be shown as such. I don't see the point here. Did you put the dress on for the purpose of taking this shot or did you just happen to be wearing it whilst tromping through the woods? <--don't take offense to that, it was unintentionally offensive.

I agree with both parties on this occasion but I lean more towards niforpix's point of view
From what I've seen, most of Mya's photos are of herself in little to nothing at all and sometimes it urks me a little but I don't know her so I can't judge her based on a number of photos I've seen which is why I hold my tongue. Although I don't think it would be fair to hurl an insult like "and I find that its easy for people who dont know much about photography to point out the negative and obvious" at someone who was just making a comment about a photo he saw - as forward as it was some people don't beat around the bush and it's up to you to take it with a grain of salt and brush it off. Besides, if it's so obvious, then everyone will see the flaw, not just the amateur - the amateur just has enough gusto to tell you he thinks it stinks.

Wow, I leave on vacation for one night and look what happens. First of all, some people on here are rude. Plain and simple. Some people are so pompous and self absorbed and think they are "so cool and so important and that they simply dont have time to study a photo and give constructive, well thought out comments so they simply must leave a brief sh*tty response. Because the fact that I dont like it, is so important." if you cant leave something worth while. Dont bother.

I dont care whether or not people hate or love my photo concepts. I dont. They are my ideas. What I post on here for is to get some critisism on lighting, composition, execution, etc. And this post is proof that some peoples opinions are with the intent to be rude. Then again I have been pleasantly surprised with some people on here who have truly been sweet and I would like to say thank you :)

Second of all. I think we all know by now that I take a lot of self ports and it is exactly for the reason that Emerena wrote. I do it to learn and I know how i want the photo too look, the emotion I want it to have so I say, well, i might as well just do it myself, ill get better results than if i have some twit who thinks shes a model attempt it. I dont only do self ports I am hired for various things as well, such as fashion shoots, glamour, portraits and weddings. When I post a photo on here, its usually of a new technique that I would like to get others feedback on.

Lastly, I MAKE IT VERY CLEAR WHAT I AM POSTING. IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I DO, THEN DONT LOOK AT IT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. You know its me posting, and if you dont like it because im wearing "skimpy clothes" (my god, its a sundress, sorry you must live in a cold climate or a monastery and arent used to such offensive things such as a sundress) then just go to another post or leave something constructive. Personally I dont give 2 $hits if you like what im wearing or not. I dont care if you think im ugly,beautiful, skinny, fat, short, tall, wearing too many clothes, not wearing enough. What I care about it how you like my lighting, my post processing, my crop, my exposure, my composition, etc. If you cant comment on any of those and you want to be petty and comment on something else, comment on someone elses photo. i take and appreciate all the helpful posts regardless if they are positive or negative, as long they are constructive. I am serious about photography and love what I do. If you dont like it, dont look at it. Im not on this forum for exposure.

Get a life. Lose your "computer courage."

p.s. Thank you for the encouragement, yes I had a bad day, but it had nothing to do with my wonderful husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back