Ilford Gets It: Opens B&W Lab in California

Interesting. &16 a roll is a bit steep it seems, but it's nice to have new options rather than diminishing ones!

This is good news for us film users!!
I don't think $16 is to bad a price. Compare.....
My lab charges $8 develop (Kodak D-76) $4.95 for that same scan to CD. + shipping.

I think their US branch has been open for a while now. Still heartening to see some kind of expansion for traditional photography. Usually all you hear is company X is discontinuing film Y. I'm looking at you, Kodak.

This is good news for us film users!!
I don't think $16 is to bad a price. Compare.....
My lab charges $8 develop (Kodak D-76) $4.95 for that same scan to CD. + shipping.

You're right, it's not that bad - I should have said it seems steep compared to what I'm used to, but I only pay for development (about $6-7 for b&w) and scan it myself. But I would consider them for some printing needs.

I'm just about to order another 100 feet of iso100 film to go with my 100 feet of HP5, i'm ordering Orwo UN54

Boo, why no large format?

I get not having scanners if you don't want to invest in the machinery to do huge negative high quality scans and send all that data, etc.

But for a lab that does wet prints with an enlarger, it seems odd to not offer just about any format size for the wet prints, at least. Even 8x10 or 11x14 capable enlargers are not a particularly large investment for a business.

Anyway yes, always good to see more film options rather than fewer, regardless.

Yes, good to have more options, but no one can develop film you shot as well as you can, because you know how variations in conditions (both shooting and developing) affect your negatives and your ability to get the images you want from them. That, and it's a hell of lot cheaper to develop the film yourself.

Most reactions

Back