I'm in need of serious help

Krisjan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So yesterday i bought a Canon AE-1 and when I got home I found that I have a Canon AE-1 Program what one is better?

My AE-1 Program was bought with a 50 mm Canon lens and the AE-1 came with a canon speedlite 177A, Osawa mc 1:5 85-300mm macro lens, JCPenney auto 2x tele-coverter, and a sigma-zoom 28-80 mm lens. This is what I also needed help with on what your guys opinion is on the equipment with the two cameras?

Both are decent cameras. I've used them both. Canon sold zillions of each model. The lenses ought to be at least "decent", although not Earth-shatteringly good.

BrianV said:
Did it come with the Manual?

If you do not have one, you can download it in PDF format here:

http://www.cameramanuals.org/canon_pdf/canon_ae-1_program.pdf

The Canon AE-1P needs a battery to work, a PX-28 6volt battery. Same as my Nikon EL2, still available.

I download all the manuals to my equipment in PDF to my phone. It's great always having them handy when I need them and not having to Cary around the book.

I have the AE-1 & Program in my collection. Both are good bodies but I would pick the program between the two. As for the lenses, the JC Penny tele-convertor .. well it's a JC Penny tele-convertor. LOL I use to own a lot of Sigma back then and they were always decent lenses. I know who Osawa was but I never bought their stuff so I can't comment on the quality. It's nothing amazing though I can say that. Basically it comes down to testing the gear out and seeing how the results look. If it looks good its a good find.

Most reactions

Back