Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a good friend that I work with at Walgreens who is going through a tough time. She has been confiding in me for quite a while about problems with her boyfriend, who she lives with. She has told me several times that they really need to break up, but it's just so hard, and she loves him so much...well, a week or two ago, out of nowhere, he broke up with her. So she's been sad and stressed, and just going through a hard time. She moved 4 hours from where she was to here to be with him, and she's lived with him for about a year and a half. She has almost no one living up here for support, and not really any friends here. Well, I consider her a pretty good friend...we've grown kinda close. She told me today she put her notice in, and she's transferring back down to where she lived before. It's a great move for her, but I'm so sad! I'm gonna miss her! It's gonna be so good for her though. There is a family that she used to live with (she was a live in nanny for the families kids), and she knew these people for a really long time...they've got looots of money, and big hearts, too. She's moving back in with them, they are going to give her a car to drive (hers won't even make it down there) and they are going to pay for her to go to college. I'm so happy for her, but at the same time, sad that she won't be in my life anymore. It seems like very few people stay in my life...people move away or change and we lose contact...I hate seeing everyone leave all the time. :(

Anyway...sorry...I guess I'm rambling. After we got off work we grabbed some fast food and went and sat at the dock at a nearby lake and talked for a while...might be the last time I see her, and as she drove away I started to feel sad. :(

Here's a pic...she's the short one, I'm the middle one, and the tall one is another girl I work with.

AnnikameKristina.jpg

Awww. :-( That's awful. I hate it when friends go away. But it sounds like she'll be better off in that other town. :-( Why do people have to change!

It's life.
Life brings about constant change, and most change when you are right your present age, Corry. I think, that is why you are feeling as if no one is really staying. This is the stage where people settle into life one way or the other, but settling means moving first in most cases.
And as you are saying, she is better off without her boyfriend and better off where she belongs and knows many people. And what with the new ways of communication, distance isn't really distance any longer. Not in the way it used to be, that is...

Hey Corry, sorry to hear about your freind leaving, but as LaFoto said, distance isn't really distance, i've no doubt you'll exchange contact information like email. I'm also certain that as years pass, you'll become immune to change like most people, as you'll find through years people come and go throughout a lifetime, only you hold onto the true friends, and you'll soon find out if they are or not!

well Corry... I think that you don't have to loose her... you can always write a letter, call her or meet up during holdays... why not? you should not resign from friends when they leave the neighbourhood...

LaFoto said:
It's life.
Life brings about constant change, and most change when you are right your present age, Corry. I think, that is why you are feeling as if no one is really staying. This is the stage where people settle into life one way or the other, but settling means moving first in most cases.
And as you are saying, she is better off without her boyfriend and better off where she belongs and knows many people. And what with the new ways of communication, distance isn't really distance any longer. Not in the way it used to be, that is...
Very well said, LaFoto. :thumbup:

Sorry you'll be missing a good friend, Corry.... :hug::

mentos_007 said:
well Corry... I think that you don't have to loose her... you can always write a letter, call her or meet up during holdays... why not? you should not resign from friends when they leave the neighbourhood...

I am not resigning from friends...we always plan to keep in touch, but it just never happens. People get too wrapped up in their own lives, and dealing with their own problems in the here and now...I become part of the past, and it just happens.

I hope it's different this time, though...our lives were totally different when we were growing up in our separate lives, but somehow, we are very much alike. I even work with her Mom at my domestic violence job (strange cowinky-dink!) She said she'll have internet access when she gets down there, so she'll have an email addy. In the fall she's gonna start college and be moving again, to a town that's an hour closer, but still 3 hours from me...and her mom will be moving to a place that is about 40 minutes from me. SO....I'm hoping we can find time to meet up in the town her mom will be living in (it's also the town my boyfriend goes to school). I dunno...I am happy she has such a great oppurtunity to start fresh. A lot of people in her situation dont' have anywhere to go, and go directly back into the bad situation...and she even said that if she didn't have this oppurtunity, that's probably where she would be headed, too.

So sorry, Corry. It's always hard to have friends move away. If she's got e-mail it's so much easier to stay in touch so hopefully she won't fade away and your friendship will continue.

Most reactions

Back