Image Stabilization lens help

I'm hoping for general ideas and tips from anybody who has experience with this lens or with any IS or zoom lenses and would be willing to share tips on using a lens with IS. Most all of my images are slightly off, when viewed at 100% and are just not as sharp as with the 60mm.
Is it really that hard to post an example? I don't understand why you're so against posting a simple photo. Giving us as much information as possible is only going to help you.

If you REALLY don't want to post a pic, do a test in bright daylight with both lenses. Stop down to f/8 at ISO100, and use a nice fast shutter speed (probably around 1/250). Set the 28-125mm at 60mm. Use a tripod so you're comparing the exact same image. If the zoom is just a little less sharp than the prime, that's to be expected. Primes are sharper than zooms, simple fact of life. If the zoom is much softer than there might be something wrong with your lens.

Is it really that hard to post an example? I don't understand why you're so against posting a simple photo. Giving us as much information as possible is only going to help you.

If you REALLY don't want to post a pic, do a test in bright daylight with both lenses. Stop down to f/8 at ISO100, and use a nice fast shutter speed (probably around 1/250). Set the 28-125mm at 60mm. Use a tripod so you're comparing the exact same image. If the zoom is just a little less sharp than the prime, that's to be expected. Primes are sharper than zooms, simple fact of life. If the zoom is much softer than there might be something wrong with your lens.

He won't even tell us the shutter speed! I give up.

Bof... I gave up on the dude after I saw his responses after my post.

Ever fly in a plane? Hear that person's response to the question from the stewardess' quesiton?

"Coffee, tea, milk?"

"Yes please..."

Well... which one????????????????

Drives me nuts... lol.

Step down from f/3.5 to f/5.6 or f/6.3 at 28mm and from f/5.6 to f/8 or f/9 at 135mm..

I had the same problem and i found out that usually zoom lenses are very sharp at their widest aperture... :)

Make some tests and see the results :)

Thanks, KhronosS, I'll try that. I was hoping to hear from somebody who has used this lens.

There's no need to get all huffy about me not posting an image. It wouldn't have helped because I had tried so many different settings, all with the same result. There was no way just one photo could have helped here.

The point (to me) of using a lens with the IS feature is to NOT use a tripod. I bought this lens because I wanted a good "walk-about" lens so I wouldn't have to lug a tripod around all the time. And actually, you have to turn OFF the IS when using a tripod, so testing in that way will not help.

Regardless, I appreciate all the tips.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back