Immigration March - LA

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is my series on the immigration march - may 1st - in Los Angeles.

1. An estimated 25.000 people protested
southcarolina060.jpg

2. Last year they were critized for not wearing the American flag
cdla246.jpg

3. The children lead the way
cdla254.jpg

4. 25.000 is a lot of people
cdla266.jpg

5. Protesting makes hungry
southcarolina062.jpg

6. The art of protesting
cdla268.jpg

7. It's all about family
cdla267.jpg

thanks for looking

pascal

Nice pictures. I was waiting for some L.A. marching pics.

Good job.

Very nice. Great series!

Nice pics, what are they protesting for?

obviously, their not against immagration... i presume its for some civil rights or something?

^ I think it's because they want the illegal aliens to be accepted as a citizen or something like that. I'm not sure.

^ I think it's because they want the illegal aliens to be accepted as a citizen or something like that. I'm not sure.

yes and they are opposing the methods used by the police to find illegal immigrants.
Thanks all for looking and commenting!

pascal

very cool,

I have to admit the flags look nice all over the place. I just love the look of the american flag !!!

Originally Posted by RKW3

maybe they should stop breaking the law then, and get a visa?

Sorry, i dont like protestors much. they always seem to be people who want to break laws and get away with it.

if i was moving to live in the USA, then i would make it legal by getting a visa BEFORE i went. not get there then moan about it!

Like the pics :)

Can't read whats on there signs though lol

I absolutely love #3. Nice series as a whole, though.

thanks GoM. Everytime I see children at a protest, I have mixed feelings. But they do help getting good pics..:meh:

pascal

"yes and they are opposing the methods used by the police to find illegal immigrants.
Thanks all for looking and commenting!"

what methods would that be? i hate to say it, but if your breaking the law your breaking the law and as a citizen i think police should be able to do more than they currently can to find and arrest people illegally in the country. (but i also think the system needs seriously revamped to allow people entry)

so i'm curious to here these methods

"yes and they are opposing the methods used by the police to find illegal immigrants.
Thanks all for looking and commenting!"

what methods would that be? i hate to say it, but if your breaking the law your breaking the law and as a citizen i think police should be able to do more than they currently can to find and arrest people illegally in the country. (but i also think the system needs seriously revamped to allow people entry)

so i'm curious to here these methods

To be honest, I really know little about it. That's why my previous remark is so vague. All I heard is that in cities like LA there's an agreement by the police not to inquire abouts someones legal situation in case of, say a traffic violation. That seems to be changing. Maybe someone else knows more. If I misinformed anybody, I'm sorry.

pascal

first off, i love the pictures, especially of the family and the girl standing all alone. id like to see her a bit lighter, but im sure that wasnt much of an option in this type of situation

ill try to address the human side of the story to the best of my ability. the whole issue at hand is that the immigrants are usually coming from very low income areas, escaping their governments' immoral ruling, and attempting to live somewhere safe. theyre just trying to better their lives in a place where the wages are enough to feed their families and clothe themselves. the stories immigrants usually hear are those of how this country was founded, how comfortable life is here, etc. and it seems like a perfect place to live, save for one problem; they have no money and they are trying to ESCAPE their countries. they CANT get visa's. if you cant afford to feed your kids, how the hell are you going to find the money for a visa, and the subsequent immigration process?

as a result, they come illegally from all corners of the world. they would rather risk their lives than live in the deplorable conditions that they could never become accustomed to.

an article on the bill that is under question, and the methods
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.R._4437

a news article about bush's involvement
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18582213/

i could rant on for days, but that wouldnt get anyone anywhere

Most reactions

Back