Immigration March - LA

houston is the same about not questioning them. i agree that its sad they are poor and starving and everything, but the law is the law and its the polices job to uphold it. they should not turn their heads and let anything go on a routine basis, much less to follow regulations.

employers get in big trouble when the gov finds out they are employing illegals, but they also make it hard for you to inquire about their status. they all get socials quite handily, but the gov does catch on, i've seen it happen.

yes its sad we aren't taking in all the worlds poor and immigrants, however our public system can't handle that amount of people who aren't paying in on certain taxes . . . although the housing industry here in houston would be in big trouble without illegals, which is part of why houston police can't touch them.

if they came here and paid their taxes then great, let them come. but there are problems to adress such as how hospitals makeup for the illegals not paying for services (some hospitols have started refusing people service without knowing their immigratin status, and are in big trouble for it) and number one on my list, the school systems take some serious strain.

while some of us wouldn't mind paying a little more in taxes to let the poor kids have a good education as well (as if money for schools in texas was evenly distributed). we already do that, there are welfare programs, meal plans, even programs for kids to get educational vouchers and go to private schools, or go to a better school, there is no way to determine how much money to put aside for kids whos parents can't be accounted for due to their immigration status.

lots of things need fixed, and hopfully some of them will be.

and are those hot dogs wrapped in bacon!?!1?!?!?!

last little rant

many immigrants do pay taxes, but the ones that dont usually dont do it because they want to wreak havok on the social structure - many countries dont handle taxes in the way that the us does. i think they just need to be educated about the american structures. newrmdmike, ill give you the last word on this one unless someone else wants to jump in on the immigration bandwagon

but yeah, those bacon wrapped hotdogs look so good right now. i think theyre indigenous to mexico

hazza, your right, in fact i would say its pretty impossible to visit this country legally or illegally without paying some tax at some time. i would say the large majority of legal immigrants pay all of their taxes, and lots of illegals do as well (just under someone elses name and social security card). and the immigrants who don't pay taxes don't pay because they cant, they don't exist to the gov and don't have employers who deduct taxes from your check. i'm not saying they want to destroy our social structures, but i am saying that strain is being placed on some of them becuase of undocumented aliens.

true

ps, sorry if i came off a little harsh. ive had to argue against many super conservative friends that did believe that all illegal immigrants were terrible people. i get a bit defensive as a result

on another note, i get envious and hungry every time i see those bacon wrapped hotdogs :sad anim:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back