Inconsistent DOF in Brenizer method

bleeblu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bleeblu.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying to do the Brenizer Method for the last few weeks now. I can't seem to get a decent one. I've done it using a tripod which seems like it would work the best but it doesn't because mine doesn't allow me to tilt the camera back up towards the sky. And I've done it handheld.

I've used photomerge on CS5, CS6, manually and Autopano Giga. The final product will have some blur to places it shouldn't. Below is a link to the original size of one of my photos. I used a tripod to take the pic of me and then carefully popped it off and shot handheld. You can see around me and especially to the lower right of me that it is awkward and wrong.

Does anyone else have this problem? What am I doing wrong? I've read by several photographers that they do it handheld and stitch them manually all the time. So what am I doing wrong? Should I be using an aperture of 1.8?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8017/7324933282_8da9a1f178_o.jpg

awesome image. I dont see a problem. Thats how it is supposed to look when you use this method. Almost look like tilt and shift.

Just think of it this way, by doing this method.. you are shooting from a lot closer to produce something a lot wider. If you just look at one frame, the ground on the foreground is super blurry. Thats why the foreground is blurrier. Now instead of using this method, if you use a wide angle (one shot), it will produce totally different characteristic. A wide angle lens produce a lot deeper DOF.

I don't think it's suppose to look like this. The depth of field shouldn't change. It should just be exaggerated.

oIENF.png

How many frames? Did you pick auto or certain stitch?

12-14. I've tried auto and manual on CS5 and 6 and Autopano Giga.

Dont use auto. What manual did you pick? For this photo I probably use collage mode. It does weird stuff like that. Doesnt work 100% all the time. Sometimes I have to clone stuff.

Yeah. Auto sometimes bends and pulls images to correct for what it thinks is distortion. It does weird things. Try the 'Reposition' option.

Alright I'll give that a shot next time. When I said "manual" I meant I put all the photos on a canvas and stretched them myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back