Industrial area

Ender

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
central2.jpg

mines.jpg

This was taken in a city where they used to have coal mines. I have tried to make the colors dark to show the industrial feeling that this area can bring.
The First one has been a bit inspired by the Pink floyd cover "Animal".

Very nice!

yes, very clean.

I love the second one. Great composition.. I would just bring back the blue in the sky a tiny bit more...
Not a huge fan of selective coloring...

Great shot tho!

Some people already told me that they dont like the grey sky, and some others some to like it, matter of taste, and I made both version at home :)
On both of those pictures there are a lot of selective coloring and a lot of local contrast.
As for the grey sky, my point was to make it looks dirtier.
But thanks Seemoo because I really like those types of comments, they help to learn and to increase your technic.

I really like your first shot the best. Great color and composition.

I don't know if it is me, but your second shot is missing some information or seems to be corrupted. Hopefully it is not my computer... :(

Great job on the photos!

Can we see the other version of Photo 2 with the sky in colour? Please?
I am still quite much debating with myself if I like the grey sky.
I feel I don't quite as much. Not with the building retaining its colours.
Have you ever worked on an overall partially desaturated version (I tried that some time ago with a bit of industry photography, let's see if I can unearth that thread ... ah yes, here_it_is )? Somehow these two remind me of my own from last summer ;).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back