Inexpensive Macro Lens

Look at the Nikon 60mm 2.8 macro or the Nikon 105mm 2.8 macro.

thanks to everyone that answered my question. also thank kegger for telling me what i should look for...i guess i just see the word "macro" and assume that its the right thing...is there some kind of manual that i need to read in order not to be dooped into buying the wrong lens? LOL

Just research before you buy. I googled both the lenses you were looking at for their reproduction values. Popped right up, most true macros are primes with the rare exception.

You can also look into older MF lenses, I have a 55mm f/2.8 I picked up for $60, add the PK-3 TC and I'm at 110mm 1:1.

Just research before you buy. I googled both the lenses you were looking at for their reproduction values. Popped right up, most true macros are primes with the rare exception.

You can also look into older MF lenses, I have a 55mm f/2.8 I picked up for $60, add the PK-3 TC and I'm at 110mm 1:1.

theres more than just taking a good picture...a lot to learn...reproduction values, primes, rare exception, MF lenses, PK-3 TC....like a foreign language to me :confused: wanna be my teacher?? LOL

I'll do my best, lol.

Reproduction values are how much of the subject will fill the sensor. 1:1 means the sensor is covered by the subject, 1:2 means half and so on and so on.

Primes are lenses that stay at a fixed focal length, no zooming. The rare exception is a few lenses that are zooms as well as true primes, but they are very hard to find.

MF= Manual Focus

PK-3 is a type of teleconverter from way back in the day.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back