Information for some

Thank You Again GeorgieGirl. I do not have those programs thought I do have one that I use all the time that I could play around with later today and repost if you would like me to.

Gotta go now as I have to go talk to the Chief to see if I have to buy for the shift since I was shown on the news 4 times yesterday.

?????????????

Probably at a fire scene.. and the news camera showed him 4 times or something? (I guess that is a gentle hint that he is now a celebrity!) :)

I don't know if I'm the first person to think this here.... But this guy has created about 1000 replies in the space of the day!

I'm starting to sense something fishy... perhaps this guy is potentially being deliberately controversial to gain attention?? It certainly is working I know that!

And it certainly is funny at the same time.. I don't think I've ever seen a forum member generate so much attention. :lol: Now he just drops into conversation in a very subtle manner.. that he was featured on the news yesterday 4 times!!! You just can't make this sort of stuff up!

No doubt the 'CHIEF' as he calls him... is a certain BARACK OBAMA perhaps??? :sexywink:

Thank You Again GeorgieGirl. I do not have those programs thought I do have one that I use all the time that I could play around with later today and repost if you would like me to.

Gotta go now as I have to go talk to the Chief to see if I have to buy for the shift since I was shown on the news 4 times yesterday.

?????????????

Probably at a fire scene.. and the news camera showed him 4 times or something? (I guess that is a gentle hint that he is now a celebrity!) :)

lol

OK, to some of the hard cases here what would you have him do? From where I sit he's the only one doing any apologizing and trying to get along. I don't know the guy, I've swapped a couple of PM's with him, but it seems to me he's getting a pretty rough treatment. So go ahead and clear the air. Step by step, tell him exactly what you want him to do so he can post something here without getting slammed.

To all of you who gotten mad at me: This is learning and teaching

To all of you who wanted an apology from me here it is: I apologize

I ask in return that we start to get along so that those of us that want to learn can as I think I have made it quite clear by now in my threads.

Thank You.

SCraig said:
OK, to some of the hard cases here what would you have him do? From where I sit he's the only one doing any apologizing and trying to get along. I don't know the guy, I've swapped a couple of PM's with him, but it seems to me he's getting a pretty rough treatment. So go ahead and clear the air. Step by step, tell him exactly what you want him to do so he can post something here without getting slammed.

Um..... Pretty sure it's already been done and photo guy doesn't want to hear it. He is sick of hearing the same things over and over again like start from the beginning and work on one thing at a time <---- his words not mine. And I've actually tried to help him - like typing out a bunch of compositional strategies and even an assignment to work on it but nothing. I've asked him numerous times what he wants to learn or work on. I've asked him if he understands exposure, metering, etc. and still nothing. So I'm pretty sure at this point that we can all tell him to do something and he's not going to listen. I even suggested that when he post for cc maybe ask for specific CC like on composition or exposure and his reply - I'm going to keep posting for cc as soon as I get some photos resized OR I have more pictures from the same night as the last Xmas photos but I don't want to get bashed/attacked.

I don't know what you've been reading but everything you have suggested has been done many times by different people in his threads and in PM's. It has been like this since day 1 when he refused to post the pictures in the thread after he was told how to do it step by step, many times. Instead of posting the pictures he complained about not getting CC, saying we were rude for trying to help him and reporting a bunch of us. That thread was about a million pages too.

From what I've read, he's getting the reaction due to the fact that he's coming across as making demands. He can make all the apology threads all he wants but if he keeps on coming off as demanding again, he will get the same treatment again. In the perfect world, everyone is nice to each other and we have world peace. However, people are not obligated to be nice in the real world. So, don't expect people to be nice just because you demand them to be.

This has been going long enough, I'm now closing this thread! :D

Honestly I would much prefer to start seeing better photos from photo guy than public apology threats :D I think everything will be ok if we skip all the personal drama and stick to talking about about photography here.

I don't know what you've been reading but everything you have suggested has been done many times by different people in his threads and in PM's. It has been like this since day 1 when he refused to post the pictures in the thread after he was told how to do it step by step, many times. Instead of posting the pictures he complained about not getting CC, saying we were rude for trying to help him and reporting a bunch of us. That thread was about a million pages too.

Not much, admittedly. I responded to his thread yesterday regarding the fire photos and got a thank you in return. I've read through this thread and seen about a dozen people slamming him and one or two asking that people lighten up.

Honestly I would much prefer to start seeing better photos from photo guy than public apology threats :D I think everything will be ok if we skip all the personal drama and stick to talking about about photography here.
That's kind of where I was going with this.

This an internet forum. People behave differently on internet forums because they are separated by distance and not face-to-face with the other person. I made a rule years ago that I never, ever get in arguments on forums. If someone wants to argue a point they will have to find someone else to do it with because I'll just go read a different post and let it roll off my back. If you don't like what he posts then just move on. His posts will either wither and die or he'll become more amenable to advice. Seems to me that might be what he's trying to do and a few people might cut him a little slack.

Thank You KmH for askig. No, I am not a firefighter and Yes, I am just the photographer for them. Unwritten bylaw / rule with the dept. is that if you make it in the media (any) you have to buy a treat (cake / ice cream / pie) for the shift working or for the whole dept. Luckily after talking to the Chief I was able to get out of it for the 4th time this year. (A new record). No, I was not in trouble. I did get the ok to post photos (any photo I take at a scene has to go through the proper channels due to safety and HIPPA laws). Thank You

I'm not sure you've been paying much attention. He has been given lots of good advice from me, MTVision - who is as far as I am concerned the most helpful and patient member. I have suggested he read and learn and post what he learns several times but he just posts what he has taken before which is the complete opposite of what I have suggested. He persists in giving C&C to other people even though if he is really honest he doesn't know what he's talking about as far as composition is concerned. If I'm C&C'd harshly, I'll look at what the person who has criticised me has taken. If it's great I'll suck it up, otherwise, what am I supposed to do? Several of us have tried to be helpful, but he never responds to the advice, which is his choice, of course. I know I'm not the only one advising him by PM, I know how MTVision is very committed in how she helps people, so I am confident that he has been offered every assistance.

Even after all this, he refuses to listen. I'm a patient person. I have suggested to him at least 4 times on thread and 3 times in PM to take a breather read, then practise what he has read and then show us what he has learnt. If he were to do this his respect levels here would go up the roof. Instead he decides to post things from further back. I am officially despairing. He won't listen to reason. I dare you to find a point where I have been rude to him. His 'apology' isn't really an 'apology'. If I were in his position I would read, learn, show what I can do, and then get the hell out of here. I doubt that will be the case. I don't want to be cruel, but I have tried to help, and I know many others have also, but there's no sense in you trying to make us out as the evil ones.

I'm not sure you've been paying much attention. He has been given lots of good advice from me, MTVision - who is as far as I am concerned the most helpful and patient member. I have suggested he read and learn and post what he learns several times but he just posts what he has taken before which is the complete opposite of what I have suggested. He persists in giving C&C to other people even though if he is really honest he doesn't know what he's talking about as far as composition is concerned. If I'm C&C'd harshly, I'll look at what the person who has criticised me has taken. If it's great I'll suck it up, otherwise, what am I supposed to do? Several of us have tried to be helpful, but he never responds to the advice, which is his choice, of course. I know I'm not the only one advising him by PM, I know how MTVision is very committed in how she helps people, so I am confident that he has been offered every assistance.

Even after all this, he refuses to listen. I'm a patient person. I have suggested to him at least 4 times on thread and 3 times in PM to take a breather read, then practise what he has read and then show us what he has learnt. If he were to do this his respect levels here would go up the roof. Instead he decides to post things from further back. I am officially despairing. He won't listen to reason. I dare you to find a point where I have been rude to him. His 'apology' isn't really an 'apology'. If I were in his position I would read, learn, show what I can do, and then get the hell out of here. I doubt that will be the case. I don't want to be cruel, but I have tried to help, and I know many others have also, but there's no sense in you trying to make us out as the evil ones.

Hell, we should ask for a " show of hands"! You are about #6 on the "try to help PhotoGuy" list that I know of! lol! And each and every one has finally said, F*** it... :)

As PG stated, he might just give C&C rather than ask for it.

My question here is , " How do you give C&C if you have no idea about exposure, composition, SATURATION, contrast, or anything else?

Yes, KmH I am over 18 and as being the Official photographer for the dept. there are certain rules and laws I have to follow with photos taken at a fire scene. This was set up between myself and the Chief when he asked me to be the photographer. HIPPA is a law that deals with patients rights, identity, what not. The safety issues are in case some photos show things not being done safely such as lack of protective gear being used etc. I have already posted on this Forum site that yes, I am 31 years old.

Most reactions

Back