Insomiacs worst nightmare...

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It would be almost ironic to "dream" about getting some sleep, when I can't bloody sleep!!

Its quarter to one in the morning and Im wide awake after being in bed for the past 3 hours trying to sleep! I have to get out of bed in 6 hours and so this has to stop! I need to sleep!

I have no inclination to go shoot some photography or anything at this time in the morning - i ould just like to sleep though! HELP!

This sucks!

i need to get up in 6 hours too, but that;s quite a lot for me.

i hate it when the panic of needing to sleep, knowing you need to get up soon, actually keeps you awake.

Have a mug of warm milk or something

Just thrash around in your bed until you're so tired you can't possibly not sleep.

I have the same problem as you most every night, it sucks. I just lay there and then, eventually, I fall asleep. Just don't worry about falling asleep, then it becomes near impossible. Breathe deeply, shut your eyes, and relax.

I get at most 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night. I find thinking about good things... ya know, relaxing things, helps. Not as easy as it sounds but try breathing at a constant rhythm, taking deep breaths and slowly exhale, just by letting air escape. Think about your breathing, and eventually the sandman will pay you a visit.

Insomnia? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...:mrgreen:

no, I know it can be bad. Any worries? Stress? too much coffee?

:coffee:

pascal

Benadryl.

or booze.

or both.

Funny thread, complaining about not being able to go to sleep when you have to get up in 6 hours. I know what the problem is. If you have to be up in 6 hours, it's still too early to be going to bed!

Hmm, I usually get around to going to sleep at 1 am or so. I get up at 5:30. Four and a half hours normally for me. Sometimes I will fall asleep around midnight. It's more that I end up messing around with stuff on the computer since I can't get dedicated time for myself until 9 or 10 pm.

usually i dont get to bed till 1am and then i get up at 6/7am, but on the nights i dont work i like to get early nights and i know i'll be working all week this week so i climbed into bed all tired and just didnt fall asleep - when i DID fall asleep my son woke up and came into my room and woke me up so i had a rediculous amount of broken sleep last night and feel like utter crap this morning.

I've now gotta go do lots of stuffs and then work till midnight. JOY!

*think of the money, think of the money....*

Insomina is an evil thing. You have my sympathies! I've had many a sleepless night where I just can't shut off my brain, regardless of having had a good workout (attempting simple physical exhaustion), avoided caffeine as well as alcohol (since I've noted that can backfire on me). Nope, my brain is just sometimes too damn loud to ignore. :meh:

There are nights when I'm up reading till 2 or 3 AM. I eventually will get sleepy from that, and even though it's a pretty short night (alarm at 6:30 AM, yay) I'll take a few hours of deep sleep over 7-8 hours of tossing and turning!

i feel your pain, i get insomnia every now and then...for me all of my stress seems to get worse around the full moon, sucks big time especially since the after effects drag me down for a few days...(I need my 8hrs!!!!)

Most reactions

Back