Instagram in a Nutshel

Wow, I pretty much have no idea what any of you are talking about. I can tell you're speaking English, but none of it makes any sense.

Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. They enjoy, or like to think they enjoy, clothing, food, music, activities, etc. that are outside of the social mainstream. A hipster has nothing to do with getting an iPhone, a Macbook, digital camera, a set of outdoor speakers, and a cup of coffee since majority of the people revolve their lives around these items these days. I have no idea to what context this term is applied to here. LOL

Wow, I pretty much have no idea what any of you are talking about. I can tell you're speaking English, but none of it makes any sense.

Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. They enjoy, or like to think they enjoy, clothing, food, music, activities, etc. that are outside of the social mainstream. A hipster has nothing to do with getting an iPhone, a Macbook, digital camera, a set of outdoor speakers, and a cup of coffee since majority of the people revolve their lives around these items these days. I have no idea to what context this term is applied to here. LOL

I think your definition of hipster is slightly inaccurate, and my use of the word hipster was facetious. That being said, my definition of hipster, as used above, is one who goes against the grain simply to go against the grain. I listen to vinyl because almost none of my friends do. I prefer a nice cup of french roast rather than dunkins. I like finding eccentric or non- main-stream indie and folk music on spotify simply because not many listen to it.

If that makes sense?

Jake

I think your definition of hipster is slightly inaccurate, and my use of the word hipster was facetious. That being said, my definition of hipster, as used above, is one who goes against the grain simply to go against the grain. I listen to vinyl because almost none of my friends do. I prefer a nice cup of french roast rather than dunkins. I like finding eccentric or non- main-stream indie and folk music on spotify simply because not many listen to it.

If that makes sense?

P.S. Check out Instagram. It's full of vintage processed images of coffees and apple products and vintage cameras. It's "mainstream."

Jake

If that makes sense?

Jake
Not doing something just because other people are doing it is as ridiculous as doing someth just because other people are doing it. Do what you're going to do regardless of everyone else.

If that makes sense?

Jake
Not doing something just because other people are doing it is as ridiculous as doing someth just because other people are doing it. Do what you're going to do regardless of everyone else.

Being different for the sake of being different is ridiculous? Maybe I enjoy being different. I enjoy what I like, and some of it happens to be non-mainstream. You're over analyzing what isn't there.

If that makes sense?

Jake

Being different for the sake of being different is ridiculous? Maybe I enjoy being different. I enjoy what I like, and some of it happens to be non-mainstream. You're over analyzing what isn't there.
I'm sorry man, I came across too strongly. If I offended you I'm sorry. I like you and enjoy reading your posts and comments.

If that makes sense?

Jake

I'm sorry man, I came across too strongly. If I offended you I'm sorry. I like you and enjoy reading your posts and comments.

No worries [emoji5]️ I didn't take it personally.

If that makes sense?

Jake

I knew I liked you! ;) This makes sense to me.

The thing that comes to mind to give as an example for me is the New York Times Best Seller list. I've found that the books that become really popular and sit on that list tend to be crap. If everyone likes it, that's a sign to me that I probably won't. So it's not that I like non-mainstream things just to try to be different; I just happen to consistently prefer things that aren't very popular. And mainstream gets boring very quickly.

Plus, I've just got a very contrary nature :)

If that makes sense?

Jake

I knew I liked you! ;) This makes sense to me.

The thing that comes to mind to give as an example for me is the New York Times Best Seller list. I've found that the books that become really popular and sit on that list tend to be crap. If everyone likes it, that's a sign to me that I probably won't. So it's not that I like non-mainstream things just to try to be different; I just happen to consistently prefer things that aren't very popular. And mainstream gets boring very quickly.

Plus, I've just got a very contrary nature :)

Well said [emoji5]️[emoji106]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back