snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know, I'm an old geezer. But I did figure out Facebook and Twitter, and use them. But I can't quite figure out Instagram. How do "you" use it? Is that funny-looking filter applied to all photos? Why would you post on it instead of FB or Twitter? Please school me on it's use.

I guess I'm an old geezer too. I have FB and Twitter (don't use that one), but I don't have an Instagram account.....but then again, I don't own a cell phone. :)

I guess I'm an old geezer too. I have FB and Twitter (don't use that one), but I don't have an Instagram account.....but then again, I don't own a cell phone. :)

I own a cell (smart phone), $100 a month, and hardly use it! I wanna be hip and use all the apps LOL!!

I'm not that old....... yet; but I still don't use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Outside of the forums I have no "social' presence on the web.
I personally can't see a use for Instagram; for myself anyway. That said, I've still been contemplating it.

Well, whatever you do, do NOT steal your tweenage daughter's iPod and start "liking" every photo in her Instagram feed. Apparently it turns her into mega-geek, and you into the worst.mom.ever! :mrgreen:

Well, good grief!! I did a search for snerd on it. Tons of variants of the name. Wannabes!! And then I saw it............ Mortimer Snerd!! Me!!! It looks like I created an account over a year ago! I vaguely remember it.......... there are 3 pics in it. I'm going to go see if I can remember the password!

Wow. You must be older than me. FB and Twit are for people who already know how to make their photos look good. Instagram is there to help you adjust your photo before you post it to the world. You want to have an appropriate look in your photos; for example the fogged old film look. It can take a lot of time and effort to learn how to damage a normal photo so that it looks fashionable. Instagram has done the work for you so you can look like you know how to be a cool fauxtog just like everyone else. Take for example your avatar. If you were a cool fauxtog you'd fix that photo. The version you have posted has black in it. You can't do that! The matte black look (fogged film) is fashionable. The diffuse highlights in your avatar photo aren't blown. That's unheard of! Nuke those highlights and while you're at it turn them brown for Pete's sake. And where's the simulated film grain? YOU CAN'T SHOOT DIGITAL AND NOT PRETEND IT'S FILM!! Here, I fixed it for you:

$selfie.jpg

And I threw in a really cool split-tone effect as icing on the cake. Now then, rather than learn all that heavy-lifting post processing, just use Instagram -- it's InstaArt!

Joe

LOL! Yer killin' me!! I'm into my account. I posted a couple pics. I still don't get it. Oh! It's not really for my photography........... does that change things?

ASHToNS.BANDANA is following me. Why would someone be following me?! I still don't get it.

LOL! Yer killin' me!! I'm into my account. I posted a couple pics. I still don't get it. Oh! It's not really for my photography........... does that change things?
Well not going to be a bit of help on this one I'm afraid. I don't even get facebook. Like I really give a rat's behind about what 200 people I barely know and haven't spoken to in years did in farmville today.

....... Well not going to be a bit of help on this one I'm afraid. I don't even get facebook. Like I really give a rat's behind about what 200 people I barely know and haven't spoken to in years did in farmville today.

Oh, FB is a godsend for dysfunctional families!! I only have 21 friends, but they're all family. Brothers, sisters, cousins, grandson, etc. All family. Only family. It's great!

I use Instagram as a business account for my photos. I don't use any of their filters though. Its been great for me, I've been able to network a bunch and have gotten commercial work for a few companies. No twitter for me though

Most reactions

Back