interested in stock photography.... selling photos online

It's my understanding Yuri wasn't able to make enough from stock to justify it as a sole source of revenue.

Note that the Arcurs links I provided are about 5 years old.

It's my understanding Yuri wasn't able to make enough from stock to justify it as a sole source of revenue.

Note that the Arcurs links I provided are about 5 years old.

I'm sure i read he has a turn over of $6.5 milliom last year

Eh if you're the "world’s top selling stock photographer." chances are you get a lot more of your stock photos sold than anyone else even using the same stock companies, can dream of. In much the same way that the average footballer can't expect to get anywhere near the same fees or advertising bonuses that David Beckham got in his hayday.

That said I suspect you've got more chance of turning a good earning in football than you do with stock or microstock.

Stock isn't for everyone. It takes research to find out what will sell on the sites, the time to shoot, the time to retouch, the time to post them on all the different sites out there and keyword all your images.

Granted I'm only making $240 a month, but that's almost $3000 a year off it. For me, that's a new camera or a new lens to add to my collection. Or it's a vacation that me and my wife could take. I don't post new images too often either, only when I find time or can actually think of an idea that I might be able to make money off of.

Yuri has been doing micro stock for a while and makes a killing off of his images. He has the eye for what a people want to buy when they go on those sites. He's also on the bigger stock sites that are out there.

I'm sure i read he has a turn over of $6.5 milliom last year

I like how on his Facebook page he incorrectly spelled influential with a 'c'

On his banner photo...

Maybe he used the Urban Dictionary?

Urban Dictionary: influencial

Or maybe he used the Canadian spelling?

I really can't talk though.
The "hours" sign on my door, that has been there for 8-9 months, says "SATURAY: CLOSED"

2 people LAST WEEK brought that to my attention.
!!!

I think there is a need for stock photos of Asians. We find it hard to find stock photos of people that closely resembles the Filipinos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back