Interesting or Boring?

glassbuilt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this photo is plain boring or is somewhat interesting. I am pretty new and would love to hear any responses or critiques!
IMG_2669-2.jpg

It needs more contrast. There are no true blacks or true whites in the image. I would also like to see more on the bottom if the image.

I'm not sure if this photo is plain boring or is somewhat interesting./QUOTE]

You're probably the only one that can answer that honestly.

The way it looks (the composition) is a bit of a challenge. It makes me feel like I'm looking at part of an image, a crop. Do you know what I mean? Nothing really hits me. The way things come together in the frame can be a big deal, though there are no hard and fast rules. Just my views!

Sorry, but not enough of anything to keep me there.

Let's see. Bit of bridge on the lower left, and a (very small) helicopter upper right, with lots of grey sky in between. What you were really shooting was a UFO hovering in the middle of the frame, and it disappeared on you when you clicked the shutter. Right?

If not, then you need to give us, the viewers who were not there with you, an idea of why you found this particular framing interesting. At the moment, I'm having a hard time seeing what caught your interest.

Have a look at the advice Lew Lorton gave (which I quote in my signature). That's a whole photography course in 3 sentences.

If the copter caught your interest...may be giving it 0,001% of the frame isn't a good choice.

It's just confusing to me; it appears to be two unrelated things.

Boring.

Eye jumps from bridge to copter ... but not enough to keep attention, and really has no "meaning".

I'm not sure how much experience you have, glassbuilt. I've had a look at your other work. In my opinion compositional skills are basically instinctive. Instruction, as above, tends to be misplaced because, of course, it can't create talent and in-built visionary gifts. But I'm not saying you've no talent! I can't be sure about that and I'm no guru.

Have a look at this photographer's work to see the skills, talent and inner vision that often shine through, in my opinion:

Marac Andrzej Kolodzinski / 500px

Most reactions

New Topics

Back