Interesting

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
They are building a cell tower on our property at work. While looking up at it, a few angles struck me as interesting. So I framed up some shots.

This one stands out as interesting to me, not quite abstract...I don't think...but still kinda interesting. I was first going to silhouette the beams but I think it looks better with the detail left in as it.

Thoughts?

Or is it just some beams on a tower? lol

7553409408_a902ed21da_c.jpg

I think it was a bad choice to cut off all dour corners of blue. I think you should have left in at lest either side, and the top. If you had done this, it would have been much better. If you left the corners in, I think this would have looked nice with the beams silhouetted, and a high contrast B&W. Although, the way it looks to me, you couldn't have even if you wanted to. The sky's just not bright enough with respect to the beams.

So, for me, it's just some beams. Sorry. :/

Mark

Here's a different crop setting up Rot's on the only horizontal and vertical beams, kinda adding structure to abstract? lol. Yeah, i'm bored.

7553441970_2be716342a_c.jpg

I think it was a bad choice to cut off all dour corners of blue. I think you should have left in at lest either side, and the top. If you had done this, it would have been much better. If you left the corners in, I think this would have looked nice with the beams silhouetted, and a high contrast B&W. Although, the way it looks to me, you couldn't have even if you wanted to. The sky's just not bright enough with respect to the beams.

So, for me, it's just some beams. Sorry. :/

Mark

I was using my 50mm prime, so when I looked up to frame...thats what fit in the frame. So I didn't intentionally cut off any corners, that's just how it ended up. I'll put my kit lens back on and try to frame one up using your suggestions and see what I can get.

Thanks.

You could have taken approx 2 step back (if I'm understanding your vantage point properly), or even lied down on the ground, depending on who your company was. You'd be surprised half of the positions I've been caught in as a photographer. hahaha.

Mark

That one I was almost on the ground, sitting down looking up. I did take some stepping back, but I lose the angles I was looking for and the spacing I wanted between the beams, so that was as "far" back as I could have gone on that one.

I was just on a smoke break outside shooting for fun looking to make something interesting out of something boring. I failed. No biggie. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back