Iphone 4 coming to verizon FEB 10th

JamieRat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
and it will be a mobile 3g hotspot!!

AT&T needs to ad the hotspot or verizon here I come!

I can't wait to get rid of my Droid.

Now I don't know about that. The Droid is a pretty darn good phone IMO.

Each to his own. I enjoyed my Droid I, but my II is terrible. Since I quit the PC, I hardly carry it around anymore. If you've got Mac stuff, then the iPhone interfaces a heck of a lot more easily. All the Apple stuff works seamlessly well together...a lot fewer headaches.

I have a Droid (original) and love the Android system but as a phone or camera it just fails. I've been contemplating the iphone but i've read about so many users that have come to android after iPhone... Maybe I'll wait to see what Motorolla will come up to replace the Droid.

Now I don't know about that. The Droid is a pretty darn good phone IMO.

Each to his own. I enjoyed my Droid I, but my II is terrible. Since I quit the PC, I hardly carry it around anymore. If you've got Mac stuff, then the iPhone interfaces a heck of a lot more easily. All the Apple stuff works seamlessly well together...a lot fewer headaches.

I agree that if you're a mac user that the ease at which it all integrates together is wonderful :)

I 'was' excited about this, but now I see it's going on Verizon's older technology... anxious to see if Verizon's network pukes now with all the people on Verizon switching phones and all the people jumping ship from ATT.

I like Verizon better, but I'm going to watch this one play out first.

At&t will add it soon I believe. They need to keep up with verizon. At&t is also bring back unlimited data because verizon has the unlimited data plan

I am super excited about it...

HOWEVER...

When you look at the FAQ section on verizon's site about the iPhone... it says that the data plan is $30/month "for a limited time".

What the hell is it going to be AFTER that?

Not cool Verizon... not cool...

I'm glad that Verizon is getting it so people will leave the topic alone already.

At&t will add it soon I believe. They need to keep up with verizon. At&t is also bring back unlimited data because verizon has the unlimited data plan

I'm actually a sales consultant for a corporate AT&T store and no....there will be no unlimited data plan, Verizon will offer it for limited time to lock ppl in for 2 yrs. We are curiously awaiting to see how their outdated CDMA will handle a huge flow of data use especially with the mobile hot spot. There was a reason for at&t network issues and unless Verizon did some serious preparation they will experience the same thing.

Being a long time Verizon users and a HEAVY data user I have never seen an issue and I'm surprised how fast it actually is. Almost all their android devices have hotspot or have been hacked to allow them to be wireless hubs. I use mine to surf the web all the time on my laptop and it streams youtube videos easily as well. I even have friends that play Xbox Live through their Android phones :D

Colldfire: According to the associated press, you are. Sort of. ;) AT&T is allowing people who used to be on unlimited and switched to the lower plan to switch back up, but anyone who never had unlimited won't.

All this is moot anyways, because to really make the iPhone a great phone, you have to jailbreak. Once you're jailbroken, there are a number of tethering options including the mobile hotspot MyWi app. I've had it for a couple years now, and it's fantastic.

Most reactions

Back