Iphone 4 coming to verizon FEB 10th

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by JamieRat, Jan 11, 2011.

1. 4Nines

4Nines TPF Tech Staff Member Supporting Member

Being a long time Verizon users and a HEAVY data user I have never seen an issue and I'm surprised how fast it actually is. Almost all their android devices have hotspot or have been hacked to allow them to be wireless hubs. I use mine to surf the web all the time on my laptop and it streams youtube videos easily as well. I even have friends that play Xbox Live through their Android phones :D

2. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

Colldfire: According to the associated press, you are. Sort of. ;) AT&T is allowing people who used to be on unlimited and switched to the lower plan to switch back up, but anyone who never had unlimited won't.

All this is moot anyways, because to really make the iPhone a great phone, you have to jailbreak. Once you're jailbroken, there are a number of tethering options including the mobile hotspot MyWi app. I've had it for a couple years now, and it's fantastic.

3. Fleetwood271

Fleetwood271 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  4. rmh159

rmh159 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

Still not sure why people would jump into an iPhone 4 contract when the iPhone is due for a refresh in June. Also the hotspot service is what, $30 extra / month?

I'll stick to AT&T and I'm curious how this plays out.