irc channel

Well, nothing's happening when I open it and connect. I can't even get the window to open to display any more nasty messages, at this point. It's open, and shows I'm connected, but nothing else happens. What a bunch of crap! :irked:

Okay, Will, I'll have to go beg for mercy I guess. :roll:

Chase, you needn't enjoy my pain so much! :p

it takes awhile for mine to register on the IRC network. I get the connect to Austnet and then it waits a min or less to complete the connection.

It worked! :sun:

Just seems to want to sit there for several seconds before opening now - go figure..... thanks Gero!!!

Yeah mine did that this morning too. Usually it's really quick, but this morning it took quite a while... I just did some other stuff and clicked back over to check and it had eventually come up....

You know, Orie, they say patience is a virture..... that's what I've heard, anyway. :blulsh2:

:lmao:

Ok, for all you luddites out there that can't work out how to join IRC using mirc (or whatever for you mac people), I proudly present CGI-IRC, the newest and hippest way to talk on IRC. You can load it up from ...

http://nukie.net/cgi-irc/

... and it should work with IE5.5 and 6. But unfortunately not many other browsers.

Also to note, due to Austnet being bums and only allowing two connections per ip, only two people will be able to join using the web interface at a time. So while I'm not going to enforce it terribly strictly, please don't connect to the channel, and idle in there. If you're going to join, make sure you talk, else you might get booted. Cause when it all boils down to it you're taking up a spot that someone else could be using.

Anyway, when you load the page, you should get a small prompt asking you for your nick name. Put in something reasonably close to your forum nick so we know who the hell has joined, and click the login button. Withing a few seconds the #thephotoforum irc channel should popup and you'll be underway.

If you're confused with any of the IRC commands, ask anyone in the channel. We all seem to be quite IRC literate now.

Oh, and one last thing, please don't abuse this service. The bandwidth (all be it not very much) will be coming out of my pocket. So if I have to shut it down cause its being mis-used, I (regrettably) will.

**edit ... I can connect, Manda can't, and those are the only people that have tested it. So let me know if it works or not please.

Something has happened to the CGI IRC Nukie. When I try to load it at home with Netscape it says empty form. When I try to load it with IE Its just a blank screen. Sigh. No IRC for me.

I have no other channel, I don't even know what auto join is! Nobody seemed to be home, so off I went... I just wanted to make sure it was still working since I had just gotten the cable hooked up...

im using trillian. i dont see a how to from anyone.

i would very much like one ebcause i see no one where im connecting to. so am i doing something wrong?! :(

Most reactions

Back