Dragster3

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.dragster3.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Gonna start posting some Irma pics from West Palm. I don't know were its gonna hit, so this thread might be a dud ...

Good Lord- watch the news and run for your life before it's too late!

The name Irma is German and it means the world or the earth. Irma is Mother Earth and she's pissed and she's headed straight for Mar a Lago and Rush Limburger's house. Rush has already hightailed it out of there.

Joe

Preparations
Preparations  (1 of 1).jpg

Recycled wood from Hurricane Matthew
Recycled Wood From Matthew (1 of 1).JPG

Irma God
Irma God (1 of 1).JPG

The name Irma is German and it means the world or the earth. Irma is Mother Earth and she's pissed and she's headed straight for Mar a Lago and Rush Limburger's house. Rush has already hightailed it out of there.

Joe
Trump already lost one house...

Unless you have webbed feet and gills I think I would already be northbound. Just out of curiosity what is the blue tarp on the roof, and are you taking bets on how long it will last? :biggrin:

We have some friends also of the hardy stock SW of Homestead, that are going to ride it out as well. Prayers for all the folks in FL this weekend.

Unless you have webbed feet and gills I think I would already be northbound. Just out of curiosity what is the blue tarp on the roof, and are you taking bets on how long it will last? :biggrin:

We have some friends also of the hardy stock SW of Homestead, that are going to ride it out as well. Prayers for all the folks in FL this weekend.

Some silly home owners think that it will save the roof tiles...The tiles like to come off in high winds.

Seems like the storm is going to the west coast. Evacuating is pointless unless you live by the ocean or in a trailer.

I'll update pics throughout the storm.

Unless you have webbed feet and gills I think I would already be northbound.
:eek: Think of the amazing photo potential. I'd kill to be down there right now!!!

Just out of curiosity what is the blue tarp on the roof, and are you taking bets on how long it will last? :biggrin:
Can I have "7 minutes" please?

Some silly home owners think that it will save the roof tiles...The tiles like to come off in high winds.

With 150+ mph winds, I'd think losing some roof tiles would be the least of their worries :ambivalence:

@tirediron maybe Dragster should start a hurricane pool on the tarp to pay for expenses!

With 150+ mph winds, I'd think losing some roof tiles would be the least of their worries :ambivalence:

@tirediron maybe Dragster should start a hurricane pool on the tarp to pay for expenses!
150+ mph winds... ROOFS are gonna come off!!!

I thought I heard on the news, that the building codes now required homes to be capable of withstanding a Cat 4, but there was speculation over what would happen in a real life scenario.

It's going to the west coast... Look at the shacks in PR and Virgin Islands, they hold up.

Hurricanes are big business in Florida. They scare the whole state into buying Gas, Propane, Water, PB&J, Plywood and Generators.

Total BS. I bought beer and chips.

Ahem!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to the west coast... Look at the shacks in PR and Virgin Islands, they hold up.

Hurricanes are big business in Florida. They scare the whole state into buying Gas, Propane, Water, PB&J, Plywood and Generators.

Total BS. I bought beer and chips.

Ahem!
Of course the 'ugly' side of a hurricane is historically the North and East side, which is the middle and East coast of Florida.

So there's that....

Again- I repeat my expression of concern. Staying put sound ultra dicey. Has a mandatory evac order issued for your neighborhood?

Most reactions

Back