Irrational Numbers

Though, I guess one could argue that this would work since I said "characters" instead of "numerals"

20161007_101451.jpg

Except that wouldn't be grammatically correct because I don't think you use an 's in shorthand at all. Plus why would you write out a sentence using shorthand for only one word?
You wouldn't silly, the sentence would be written in shorthand to be correct. I see why you didn't win. :)

Except that wouldn't be grammatically correct because I don't think you use an 's in shorthand at all. Plus why would you write out a sentence using shorthand for only one word?
You wouldn't silly, the sentence would be written in shorthand to be correct. I see why you didn't win. :)

So you concede the point and I'm somehow the silly one. Whacky. Alrighty then. Moving right along I guess....

So you concede the point and I'm somehow the silly one. Whacky. Alrighty then. Moving right along I guess....
I see you still don't get it. The correct answer to the question "Can you correctly write the sentence "There are 3 _____'s in the English language." is: "You would write the sentence in Gregg Shorthand." Not just a single word. Get it?

I see you still don't get it. The correct answer to the question "Can you correctly write the sentence "There are 3 _____'s in the English language." is: "You would write the sentence in Gregg Shorthand." Not just a single word. Get it?

Yes, got it completely. The blank left in the sentence is a complete misnomer since your not actually filling in the blank with the answer, and the answer itself is technically false because there wouldn't be a possessive 's expressed if you wrote it in Gregg shorthand.

And yet I'm the silly one. Oh yes, got it. So like I said, moving right along...

What is the plural of two, too or to in the english language?

Yes, got it completely. The blank left in the sentence is a complete misnomer since your not actually filling in the blank with the answer, and the answer itself is technically false because there wouldn't be a possessive 's expressed if you wrote it in Gregg shorthand.

And yet I'm the silly one. Oh yes, got it. So like I said, moving right along...
I guess you missed the post that cleared that up ages ago when limr asked about the apostrophe.
The blank is there because it cannot be filled in using the English language.
The question how can you write the sentence is answered with "It can be written in Gregg shorthand."
There is no need to write the sentence again at all to answer it.
It's not nearly as fun when it needs to be explained in such detail.
Anyway, it's been solved and 2 people got half credit each, and I believe limr wanted to buy a vowel...
Vanna, please expose your 'A'

Actually it has not been solved as I see it. The symbol used in Gregs Shorthand is a singular representation of the word two that was turned into a non-exsistant plural of the word two. Either way as written it is grammatically incorrect.

I guess you missed the post that cleared that up ages ago when limr asked about the apostrophe.
The blank is there because it cannot be filled in using the English language.
The question how can you write the sentence is answered with "It can be written in Gregg shorthand."
There is no need to write the sentence again at all to answer it.
It's not nearly as fun when it needs to be explained in such detail.
Anyway, it's been solved and 2 people got half credit each, and I believe limr wanted to buy a vowel...
Vanna, please expose your 'A'
Wasn't at all fun to begin with, even before you beat it to death. Hence the "moving along" comment. Would have been an excellent place to have just dropped it there, instead of continuing to try and force a point that frankly doesn't fit. But that's ok, see we can just disagree and move on. No need whatsoever for you to beat this even further to death with another 20 replies

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Actually it has not been solved as I see it. The symbol used in Gregs Shorthand is a singular representation of the word two that was turned into a non-exsistant plural of the word two. Either way as written it is grammatically incorrect.
It was not solved, the solution was given though. You obviously don't know shorthand if you think you can't add an s to words. There are in fact 2 ways to add an s to a symbol depending on the ending of the symbol. There is a right s and a left s and there is also a mark to differentiate if the s makes the z sound, although it is deemed as unnecessary for the most part as we are already used to seeing an s and making the z sound in English.
Also, FYI it's Gregg shorthand, not Gregs shorthand. :) The word symbol for to, too and two are the same symbol, so that is why it is correct only in this form of writing.
Now, if everyone gets it we can indeed move on. As long as there are no more comments made, I'll make no reply.

Now, anyone else have any tricky questions to ask? :) hmmm?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back