Irrational Numbers

now connect her to kevin bacon

Believe it or not her Bacon number is 2. She appeared in "In the Shadow of the Moon" with Jim Lovell, who appeared with Kevin Bacon in Apollo 13

Coincidence? No. Most likely.. Aliens.
Well dang.

So you could multiply her birthday by her bacon number and the result.. still 42.

Creepy, isn't it?

5e742adfd4f5950d7c4eb3f499e74f7f.jpg

Ok, I'll give it to you, the answer is more like the palindrome answer, in fact it was the palindrome that brought it back to mind, so think about other forms of writing. I have said too much...and the ' was incorrect since there is no possession nor does it hold the place of a letter or group of letters. Just a habit I'm afraid.
I always heard the answer is always 47, that is according to a club at Pomona College. It's even replaced 42 as 42 was adjusted for inflation. reference

now connect her to kevin bacon

Believe it or not her Bacon number is 2. She appeared in "In the Shadow of the Moon" with Jim Lovell, who appeared with Kevin Bacon in Apollo 13

Coincidence? No. Most likely.. Aliens.
Well dang.

So you could multiply her birthday by her bacon number and the result.. still 42.

Creepy, isn't it?

5e742adfd4f5950d7c4eb3f499e74f7f.jpg

Gets even weirder. The number of Monarchs between Elizabeth the first and Elizabeth the II? 19. Add 2 for Elizabeth being the 2nd elizabeth? 21. Multiply by her bacon number of 2? 42.

Jackie Robinson? 137 career home runs. 1+3 = 4, for 47. 221 RBI's. 2+2+1= 5. 47-5.. .ya, that's right, 42.

But oh ya, just the beginning. Robinson? Born in 1919. 19. He was the 5th child. 19-5=14. Robinson's Bacon number? 3. 14 x 3 = 42

Totally time to break out the tinfoil hats... just saying....

Psh. It doesn't matter if it's 42 or 47 from an engineering perspective, since they'll both be multiplied by a safety factor. :801:

Apparently my Kevin Bacon number is also 2. I've met Bill Murray, who appeared in "Wild Things" with Kevin Bacon.

So you and Lizzie are besties as evidenced by identical bacon numbers, and you just happened to be the one to bring up this 42 business...

Hmm...

Oh ya, got to be aliens.

Well it looks like I stumped the panel. Those that listed the phonetic spelling of tu were closest, but of course there are not three of that spelling so it's not completely correct.
I said to think of other forms of communicating, more precisely other forms of writing. There is one that does not differentiate between the three spellings because it uses the same spelling (symbol) for all 3 and lets context define the correct one. It's Gregg shorthand.

Well it looks like I stumped the panel. Those that listed the phonetic spelling of tu were closest, but of course there are not three of that spelling so it's not completely correct.
I said to think of other forms of communicating, more precisely other forms of writing. There is one that does not differentiate between the three spellings because it uses the same spelling (symbol) for all 3 and lets context define the correct one. It's Gregg shorthand.

What does this mean? That all three (to/too/two) are not pronounced that way? While it's true that 'to' is not always pronounced /tu:/ in the context of spoken language (it's often elided, for example, or reduced to the beloved shwa), it is pronounced that way in isolation or when emphasized.

No, that they are not spelled that way in the English language, only in phonetics. Does that make sense? It's spelling, not pronunciation. There are not 3 words with that spelling.

Since you and the other that used phonetics were closest, I will give you each a half a point to spend however you would like to. :)

No, that they are not spelled that way in the English language, only in phonetics. Does that make sense? It's spelling, not pronunciation. There are not 3 words with that spelling.

Ah, got it.

Since you and the other that used phonetics were closest, I will give you each a half a point to spend however you would like to. :)

I'd like to buy a vowel?

There are three
bf0046-tu.gif
s in English.

Most reactions

Back