Irrational Numbers

Well it looks like I stumped the panel. Those that listed the phonetic spelling of tu were closest, but of course there are not three of that spelling so it's not completely correct.
I said to think of other forms of communicating, more precisely other forms of writing. There is one that does not differentiate between the three spellings because it uses the same spelling (symbol) for all 3 and lets context define the correct one. It's Gregg shorthand.

There are three
bf0046-tu.gif
s in English.
Canes? :D

Well it looks like I stumped the panel. Those that listed the phonetic spelling of tu were closest, but of course there are not three of that spelling so it's not completely correct.
I said to think of other forms of communicating, more precisely other forms of writing. There is one that does not differentiate between the three spellings because it uses the same spelling (symbol) for all 3 and lets context define the correct one. It's Gregg shorthand.

There are three
bf0046-tu.gif
s in English.
Canes? :D

Made of candy! :D

Except that wouldn't be grammatically correct because I don't think you use an 's in shorthand at all. Plus why would you write out a sentence using shorthand for only one word?

Except that wouldn't be grammatically correct because I don't think you use an 's in shorthand at all. Plus why would you write out a sentence using shorthand for only one word?

Don't ask me, monkey boy, I didn't make the puzzle ;) I'm still waiting for someone to get mine!

Don't ask me, monkey boy, I didn't make the puzzle ;) I'm still waiting for someone to get mine!

The 1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish one? No, nobody is ever going to get that.

:)
Only if you have a lisp ... otherwise it is one-fifth, two-fifth, red-fifth, blue fifth. Like in chem, one of the questions was to identify this compound, BaNaNa.

The 1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish one? No, nobody is ever going to get that.

:)
Only if you have a lisp ... otherwise it is one-fifth, two-fifth, red-fifth, blue fifth. Like in chem, one of the questions was to identify this compound, BaNaNa.

Not my fault really.. every once in a while for some odd reason I just randomly start talking like Cindy from the Brady Bunch.

What's the largest number that can be written with only three characters (base 10)?

Waday is correct.

When superscripts are available, 9^99 is only three characters - the ^ indicating the next is a superscript.

9^(9^9) is also three characters when written with superscripts, the ^, ( and ) not being printed. Could be represented by 9^9^9 without the brackets.

This - three characters, without the implied parenthesis.
20161007_100139.jpg

Most reactions

Back